Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Trophy talk  (Read 3607 times)

• Offline Bludy L   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1692
    • Topic Author

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
    Trophy talk
    on: May 10, 2017, 09.04 pm
    May 10, 2017, 09.04 pm
    I was out on the TTSE today. While filling up with fuel a fellow came over with a lot of questions. He's an FJR guy but was very impressed with the TTSE. Late I notice a fellow admiring the bike while it was parked on the street. As I approached he asked it it was my Triumph and told me how much he like the old British bikes. Again, lots of questions about the TTSE.
    My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10000

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Re: Trophy talk
    Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 09.18 pm
    May 10, 2017, 09.18 pm
    It's been mentioned before but it is plain CRAZY that Triumph didn't adorn this beauty
    with great big TRIUMPH Logo's - I'm sure that, especially out on the road,
    anyone seeing one that realises it's NOT made by that other "German Company",
    will have absolutely no idea it's a Triumph, :027:   so it's no wonder that Sales
    haven't been what they hoped for  :157:

Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10.58 am by Coconut

• Offline 1675   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    950

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophy
    • City / Town: Spennymoor
    Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11.07 pm
    May 10, 2017, 11.07 pm
    From the front and on the road, I reckon the Trophy and the Bee Em Trouble You look pretty similar. As does the 1300 Pan. I just wish Triumph had put something on my bike to say what it is. Many a time I have gone through customs into foriegn lands and they have initially put my bike down as a "Trophy", believing this is the make rather than the model. Not much to say what it is on a casual glance. I know a lot has been said about Triumph discontinuing the model, as other manufacturers have with other firm favourites of mine, (think Norman Nippy, Suzuki TS185, Honda 40/4 and Moto Guzzi Spada (google them)), but I believe they could have done a better promotion and marketing job than they have done particularly after so much investment. I dont see too many R120RTs about at the moment either, so maybe the touring sector is on he decline, but for me, I have THE BEST which is available at the moment and I'm proud it just happens to be made in my country.

• Offline Collybus

• Trophy Member  ‐    99

Offline Collybus

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Quincy Ma
    Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06.10 pm
    May 16, 2017, 06.10 pm
    I put one of these on the back of both panniers. It's a more subtle notice that this bike is not made in Germany or Japan.

• Offline WI13Trophy

• Trophy Pro  ‐    260

Offline WI13Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy
    • City / Town: Milwaukee
    Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06.50 pm
    May 16, 2017, 06.50 pm
    Where did you get it?  Would make a nice addition to the collection on the bike.

• Offline Collybus

• Trophy Member  ‐    99

Offline Collybus

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Quincy Ma
    Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 09.07 pm
    May 16, 2017, 09.07 pm
    Somewhere on eBay. Sorry I don't have the name of the vendor handy, but there are an abundance of folks offering these and a variety of similar items there. They look nice!

• Offline bigcountry   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    292

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
    • City / Town: Gretna, LA
    Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02.53 pm
    May 20, 2017, 02.53 pm
    Amazon has alot of choices.  I get alot of comments on my bike.   Pisses me off that it doesn't get any respect.  I read some comments on ADV rider website regarding "best" sport tourers....  They actually touted the old spint.  No mention of the Trophy.   So, I love the guys that walk over to my bike and want to talk about it. 
    Big Country

• Offline earthman   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    2121

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 07.17 pm
    May 20, 2017, 07.17 pm
    *Originally Posted by 1675 [+]
    From the front and on the road, I reckon the Trophy and the Bee Em Trouble You look pretty similar.

I totally agree, when the Trophy first came out and I were eager to see one on the road/talk to an owner, the times I saw a current RT1200 and said to the wife, "there's one". :430:

I learnt to look lower down, see those cylinders sticking out, that's the biggest clue I think.

tweedy-bunch