Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Comfort seat?  (Read 9415 times)

• Offline kamperman

• Trophy Member  ‐    10
    • Topic Author

Offline kamperman

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Comfort seat?
    on: Jun 06, 2017, 01.52 pm
    Jun 06, 2017, 01.52 pm
    Hi, If you chanced to a comfort seat was there a marked difference to a normal seat?

Thanks.

• Offline bobv07662   00

• Trophy Pro  ‐    319

Offline bobv07662

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Rochelle Park, NJ
    Re: Comfort seat?
    Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2017, 03.30 pm
    Jun 06, 2017, 03.30 pm
    The best way for me to describe my seat experience is that the stock US seat was a 2 hour seat, the comfort seat on the other hand is an 8 hour seat.
    1978 Bonneville    1973 Trophy Trail TR5T
    2012 Thruxton      1976 Hodaka ED250
    2014 Trophy SE    1950 Vincent Rapide
    1976 Yamaha RD400C 1967 Rickman 8 valve
    1978 Yamaha DT400E

• Offline Gar   ca

• Trophy Pro  ‐    417

Offline Gar

• Trophy Pro
    • Rise up and live your life.
    • Bike: 2013 Blue TTSE
    • City / Town: Pincher Creek
    Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2017, 06.06 pm
    Jun 06, 2017, 06.06 pm
    That's a hard question to answer as I think it really depends upon the individual. In my case the stock "low rider" seat was a ball buster after a few hours but I still managed to do an 8 hour trip with it. The next step for me was the "comfort" seat because I had heard so many good things about it on this forum. After about the same two hours I was once again squirming in pain in my seat...only this time it was more towards the tailbone area and lower butt. I did a four day 2,000 km trip with the "comfort" seat and thought never again. I then moved to a Russell Day Long seat and the difference was amazing. I can truly ride all day now completely pain free. It's like sitting in my car seat. Life with the TTSE is once again very good.  :028: 
    Yamaha 550 Vision, Ninja ZX1000R

Garanthor

• Offline Travelling2bob   au

• Trophy Master  ‐    544

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Sale
    Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2017, 09.19 pm
    Jun 06, 2017, 09.19 pm
    *Originally Posted by Gar [+]
    That's a hard question to answer as I think it really depends upon the individual. In my case the stock "low rider" seat was a ball buster after a few hours but I still managed to do an 8 hour trip with it. The next step for me was the "comfort" seat because I had heard so many good things about it on this forum. After about the same two hours I was once again squirming in pain in my seat...only this time it was more towards the tailbone area and lower butt. I did a four day 2,000 km trip with the "comfort" seat and thought never again. I then moved to a Russell Day Long seat and the difference was amazing. I can truly ride all day now completely pain free. It's like sitting in my car seat. Life with the TTSE is once again very good.  :028:

I agree also. Comfort seat plus AirHawk equals a comfortable day long ride. The comfort seat on its own 2-3 hours.
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Triumph Trophy SE
    Triumph Thunderbird 1600
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Ducati ST3

• Offline Gonzodog

• Trophy Member  ‐    11

Offline Gonzodog

• Trophy Member
    • x
    • Bike: '13 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Edinboro
    Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2017, 11.13 pm
    Jun 06, 2017, 11.13 pm
    The low rider seat with my Airhawk is an all day seat for me.  I would like to get a little more height but it is not a deal breaker at this time.
    Culture is the antidote to intelligence

• Offline Collybus

• Trophy Member  ‐    99

Offline Collybus

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Quincy Ma
    Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2017, 12.41 am
    Jun 08, 2017, 12.41 am
    *Originally Posted by Gar [+]

Want to sell that comfort?   :018:

• Offline Tenequip   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    156

Offline Tenequip

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Ford City, PA.
    Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2017, 04.46 am
    Jun 08, 2017, 04.46 am
    Currently on a ride diagonally across the US & back. Pleased with the Comfort Seat. But, I am not going to lie about it. My back-side is sore at the end of an 8 to 10 hour ride. I think with that kind of a day any Seat is going to make you sore just a Mather of how sore. If anyone is interested in my Low Rider Seat it is now for sale. :152:

• Offline Mikeinnj

• Trophy Member  ‐    77

Offline Mikeinnj

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy
    Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2017, 07.26 pm
    Jun 26, 2017, 07.26 pm
    Wanted to add my $.02.  I recently had my low seat redone by Russel Day Long.  The difference is amazing.  The comfort during 200+ mile trip recently was remarkable.  No butt fatigue at all!  The additional inch did make a difference.  I changed the links to the Lust links bought off a fellow member (thanks Donk) https://www.triumph-trophy.com/Smileys/light/821.gif This simple change has made the bike the best ever!

tweedy-bunch