Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: R&G Adventure Bars  (Read 3558 times)

• Offline Roy

• Trophy Member  ‐    60
    • Topic Author

Offline Roy

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Hertfordshire
    R&G Adventure Bars
    on: Jun 07, 2017, 10.56 am
    Jun 07, 2017, 10.56 am
    I've just fitted the R&G Adventure bars and very pleased with them I am.....except, the bolts provided to fit the top end of the bars to the provided bracket that sits under the fairing grill are silver and are very obvious. I am trying to source Black (anodised) bolts of the same spec but am having no luck so far on my Internet trawl.

The bolts need to be HT M10 x 1.25 x 20mm in Black and obviously Black M10 Washers to match. Does anyone know of a supplier  for these please?
    Keep it shiny side up and rubber side down

• Offline RocketSteve   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    601

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
    • City / Town: Bideford
    Re: R&G Adventure Bars
    Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2017, 02.21 pm
    Jun 07, 2017, 02.21 pm
    Wouldn't a small tin of black Smoothrite do it?
    To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

• Offline Vansflyer

• Trophy Pro  ‐    135

Offline Vansflyer

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE, Thrux R
    • City / Town: In the Middle
    Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2017, 08.26 pm
    Jun 07, 2017, 08.26 pm
    Had the same issue with mine. Spoke to R&G and they sent me some black ones and gave me a reason why they no longer supply black... "that the colour goes off". Maybe worth a car to R & G ?

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4913

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2017, 01.37 am
    Jun 08, 2017, 01.37 am
    They also are not a standard off the shelf size/pitch/length/ or head type from what I could find her in the US.  Liam was kind enough to send some to the US for me since we missed connections the last time we were in the UK (NO cell service in Woebley for 4 days on my or my wifes phones even though it's close to Hereford), and were only in London for 2 days so not enough time to send them to the hotel for me to put in my luggage for the return.  The ones I got were black, and the ones that I had originally with my bars were chrome (or stainless most likely).  Long story short I have 1 black one and 3 silver ones on the bike, and 3 spare black ones.  If you were in the US I would post you whatever you need if you would post back the silver ones, and we would both be tickled to death!  Unfortunately I don't foresee a trip to the UK in the immediate future  :003:, or I would be more than glad to deliver same.  Try R&G since I can say without reservation that they were very helpful to me.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro  ‐    338

Offline BigD

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Columbus (Dublin) OH
    Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2017, 11.52 am
    Jun 08, 2017, 11.52 am
    A spray can of black epoxy has worked just fine for me.

• Offline Roy

• Trophy Member  ‐    60
    • Topic Author

Offline Roy

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Hertfordshire
    Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2017, 12.05 pm
    Jun 08, 2017, 12.05 pm
    I've spoken to R&G and their response is that the Black Bolts they were supplying were rusting as they are only anodised so they reverted to supplying silver / SS Bolts.

I have managed to find another supplier (ProBolts) but they want about 30 for 4 x Bolts and 4 x Washers.

As 'Trophied' stated, the Bolts are not standard, its the Pitch of 1.25 that sets these apart from the standard 1.5 thread size for that size of Bolt. I'm also not sure that the supplied Bolts are High Tensile, something I will confirm with R&G as this will be a stress point when sliding along the ground.

I may run with the Spray can approach initially and see how they turn out and how long it lasts.
    Keep it shiny side up and rubber side down

• Offline Xsv   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    477

Offline Xsv

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
    • City / Town: Washington State
    Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2017, 02.56 pm
    Jun 09, 2017, 02.56 pm
    Powdercoating is your friend.  As long as the application is not outrageous your hex wrench will still fit :002:

• Offline KSquared

• Trophy Member  ‐    57

Offline KSquared

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: '16 TTSE Pac Blue
    • City / Town: Parkland, FL
    Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2017, 04.09 am
    Jun 20, 2017, 04.09 am
    *Originally Posted by Roy [+]
    I've just fitted the R&G Adventure bars and very pleased with them I am.....except, the bolts provided to fit the top end of the bars to the provided bracket that sits under the fairing grill are silver and are very obvious. I am trying to source Black (anodised) bolts of the same spec but am having no luck so far on my Internet trawl.

The bolts need to be HT M10 x 1.25 x 20mm in Black and obviously Black M10 Washers to match. Does anyone know of a supplier  for these please?
    I'm contemplating these bars and would appreciate photos from all 4 angles.

Also, do the bars protrude further from the left side of the bike as opposed to the right (as has been reported here)?

Thanks for any insights you can provide.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

tweedy-bunch