Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Launch Day - 1st Nov  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Triumph Trophy

• Admin/Moderator
  • Forum Help & Support
    • View Profile
Launch Day - 1st Nov
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »
The UK launch day is now confirmed as November 1st  :152:

Many dealers are having special launch nights where you can check out the Trophy, grab some free food, and take advantage of special offers.

Every triumph dealer is doing something different so you'll need to see what's happening at the one near you.

Most dealers will also have demo bikes in the days that follow so consider booking your test ride now as places will be in short supply in the first few weeks.

:821:

Offline Leghorn

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '04 Yamaha FJR
  • City / Town: Arlington VA
Re: Launch Day - 1st Nov
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:15:30 PM »
That date is just around the corner for you "locals," but us Yanks are going to have to wait another three months.  In the meantime, could you provide lots of feedback on your riding impressions.

My particular interest is riding comfort, especially in terms of engine vibration and seating ergonomics (the riding triangle).

Some of the early "first ride" reports have indicated that the engine seems "busy."  Don't know exactly what that means, but how does the triple feel, compared to, say, a v-twin or a 4-inline configuration?

How about the relationship of the seat, footpegs and handlebars.  Does it feel cramped, just right, spacious, etc.  Is the distance between the seat and the footpegs comfortable in terms of knee bend?  It's my understanding that Europe is getting the taller of two seats (31.5-32.3"), while the U.S. gets the shorter seat (30.3-31.1"); that would greatly affect the feel I would think.  Is the "the bike" for long-distance riding?

Good riding and thanks!

Offline Babrat

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph America
  • City / Town: Darlington
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »
Well the launch day is less than a week to go! :047:.  I am going to the Triumph dealer (A1 Moto) of York to see the unveiling.
Always a good place to have some scoff and chat Triumph for a few hours.

Anyone else going to A1 Moto?

Offline Studley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »
Leghorn asks about Trophy ergos.

*Originally Posted by Leghorn [+]

My particular interest is riding comfort, especially in terms of engine vibration and seating ergonomics (the riding triangle).

How about the relationship of the seat, footpegs and handlebars.  Does it feel cramped, just right, spacious, etc.  Is the distance between the seat and the footpegs comfortable in terms of knee bend?  It's my understanding that Europe is getting the taller of two seats (31.5-32.3"), while the U.S. gets the shorter seat (30.3-31.1"); that would greatly affect the feel I would think.  Is the "the bike" for long-distance riding?

Hi Leghron, the following link " http://cycle-ergo.com/ " should help you with the ergo questions you have. Keep in mind the site also allows you to customize things like bar risers, bar pull back, seat height, riding position, etc. The real cool part is that you can add one bike and then another etc and then wheel/scroll between one bike and the next to see what the ergo angle are between each bike. >>Apologies regarding the link, the insert linky applet appears to be mia a the moment<<<

As far as is it good for LD? I'd suggest you plug in the LD mounts you are considering and scroll between mounts. In the end it should give you a better idea of what to expect and let you know if you should look at a hi or low seat option as well as risers to give you that all day comfort.  The application will also allow you to scroll to a view where one bike is superimposed over the other so you get a pretty good idea of one bike versus the other. Trophy SE was in the list of bikes in the application last time I looked so you should be good to go.

Hope that helps

Studley

Studley

Offline Leghorn

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '04 Yamaha FJR
  • City / Town: Arlington VA
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
I like the Ergo site and it is useful.  But the data is based on photography rather than actual measurements (if I'm reading the FAQs correctly).  Therefore, depending on the relative angle of the camera, from one make to the next, comparisons are inexact.  It is surprising to me, for example, that the predicted knee angle for the Trophy (for my height) varies from 76 degrees to 85 degrees at seat heights of 30.4-32.4," respectively.  This, while he 1600GT varies from 88-91 degrees at seat heights of 32.0-32.7," respectively.  I am surprised by the difference in apparent seat-to-footpeg room between the Trophy and the GT and, frankly, I hope that the actual Trophy numbers are better.  Knee angle is a big deal for me as I have "old knees," much like the rest of my body.   :002:

tweedy-bunch