Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Scala G9 has anyone gotten it to work  (Read 6121 times)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Scala G9 has anyone gotten it to work
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:38:02 PM »
Well I'm beginning to feel I made a big mistake.  Instead of going with Sena I "upgraded" from a Q2 to the G9 instead of the Sena mostly because Cardo assured me that the G9 is backwards compatible with the Q2, meaning I would not have to buy new headsets for my children.

I can get the Scala to recognize either my iphone or my Trophy but not both at the same time.  If I have the Scala paired to the Trophy the voice commands no longer work.  I cannot initiate a call at all unless I stop and hand dial the phone.  This defeats a major purpose of having the phone. 

Has anyone out there successfully paired their iphone, scala and Trophy so they have the phone function, the ability to initiate a call by voice, the ability to answer a call by voice, the ability to play the phone music, the ability to hear the Trophy radio over the scala.  In other words has anyone been able to use the full functionality.

Would appreciate any help.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
Re: Scala G9 has anyone gotten it to work
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:18:01 PM »
that the g9 button, you match the trophy?
the latest version of scala,
  if pulsabas 6 seconds the volume down button, you could link to the bike, in that button
in this way you would remain free telephone channel
remember you have to call option to record a telephone number that starts the call by tapping the button on phone mode

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:04:39 AM »
miss, thanks for that information.  I will look into this more tomorrow
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:04:47 AM »
Miss
I tried your suggestion.  Actually I think I've tried every combination under the sun.  Still the minute I connect to the Trophy I lose the voice control ability. Do you have a scala and have you made it work?  I just don't understand this.   Has anyone gotten their Scala G9 to work or have I made a costly mistake in buying one. 
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline uberchuckie

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 01:38:55 AM »
I don't think what you want to do is possible.  I took a look at the G9 manual and it looks like it can only support one HFP (phone) and one A2DP (music) profile.

My Sena SMH10 can support up to two HFP and one A2DP profile at once.  I don't think there is anything out there that can support two A2DP profiles at once.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2000 Honda CBR600F4 (track bike)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 02:18:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by uberchuckie [+]
I don't think what you want to do is possible.  I took a look at the G9 manual and it looks like it can only support one HFP (phone) and one A2DP (music) profile.

My Sena SMH10 can support up to two HFP and one A2DP profile at once.  I don't think there is anything out there that can support two A2DP profiles at once.
Uberchuickie thanks for the post but I'm afraid I don't understand.  All I am trying to do is link the iphone and the headset to the Trophy at the same time without losing my voice command function on the iphone.  The music capability of the radio and the music on the phone both function fine.  Can you explain what the A2DP has to do with the voice command function?  And even you comment about A2DP is valid, why would the music of both the Trophy and the iphone work.  I'm totally baffled as to why the only function I lose is the voice command.  Everything else works fine.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline uberchuckie

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 04:23:36 AM »
The bike's Bluetooth system is acting as a bridge for the hands free profile.  Your G9 can only pair with one thing at a time.

G9  <-->  Trophy <--> iPhone

My guess is that not all of the HFP parts are being forwarded.

If I pair my headset directly to my iPhone, the phone features, music and my "phone button" (to call up Siri) all works.

If I pair them up like so:

SMH10  <-->  Trophy  <--> iPhone

then I'm in the same boat as you.  Everything but the phone button on my headset works.

I just did an experiment, as my SMH10 supports two concurrent HFP connections, I pair the headset with my phone in addition to what I have above (just the HFP, not A2DP).  The phone button now works and I can use Siri.  The audio and phone integration with the bike still works.

I think that's what you want to do but I don't think the G9 (from reading the manual) supports more than one HFP at a time.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2000 Honda CBR600F4 (track bike)

Offline Groundbreaker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leigh-on-Sea
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:56:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
Well I'm beginning to feel I made a big mistake.  Instead of going with Sena I "upgraded" from a Q2 to the G9 instead of the Sena mostly because Cardo assured me that the G9 is backwards compatible with the Q2, meaning I would not have to buy new headsets for my children.

I can get the Scala to recognize either my iphone or my Trophy but not both at the same time.  If I have the Scala paired to the Trophy the voice commands no longer work.  I cannot initiate a call at all unless I stop and hand dial the phone.  This defeats a major purpose of having the phone. 

Has anyone out there successfully paired their iphone, scala and Trophy so they have the phone function, the ability to initiate a call by voice, the ability to answer a call by voice, the ability to play the phone music, the ability to hear the Trophy radio over the scala.  In other words has anyone been able to use the full functionality.

Would appreciate any help.

I too have done the same because of the backward compatability  :183:

At the moment all is working okay apart from the phone like yours, which is okay as I dont like to use the phone BUT it needs to be available if I want it to be!!
Hopefully I can get it to work otherwise Grrrrr Sena here I come!!

Will play around properly at the weekend so will let you know how it goes

tweedy-bunch