Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Germany 2013 - Data & Summary on 1st post  (Read 6869 times)

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
Germany 2013 - Data & Summary on 1st post
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:49:47 pm »
Well, all done and rested. Time for some stats and findings.

The bike is FANTASTIC. Only problem we had was the pillion foot rest rubber rotated and chris fell while mounting. No other faults to report. Fork seals no prob since they were replaced.
1982 miles (3190 km) covered. Overall fuel consumption 54.9 mpg (5.15. L/100km), which includes much town and heavy traffic work. Many days on a good run returned 60 mpg. (4.71).
Sport mode was awesome in the twisty mountain roads and comfort mode a blessing on the motorway.
With practice, I got smooth gear up changes without using the clutch. Managed to resist blipping the throttle on down changes (mostly).
Is it a good bike though..... NO.... IT'S BLOOMING FANTASTIC.

As mentioned in another thread, Chris and I are in Germany for three weeks.
Overnight ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland. No problem, smooth crossing, couple of beers then to bed in cracking cabin.
Traffic for first 50 miles through Holland waus nose to tail. Nightmare, was wobbling all over the road, until I Sussed out to sit fully forward on the seat then the gained perfect control under slow running speeds.  Also, I found the front brake a bit grabby at first at slow speeds, soon got used to feathering it though. All in all, it took some small adjustments to my riding style. The bike performed great. I even left my lights on park position overnight by mistake but the bike fired up no problem.
Any way, here's the bike (& me) at the Brandenburger Tor.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:28:19 pm by Glenn »

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Germany 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »
A few more Berlin pics.
1. Bundestag
2. Me & bike ready for 'Berlin Patrol'. This event raises money for children with cancer.
3. Schloss Cecilienhof (Potsdam). Venue of many important treaties and decisions, including the end of WW2 & decision to give go ahead for Anola Gay to drop her load.
4. Jewish Memorial.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:32:49 pm by Glenn »

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:51:33 pm »
More:
1. First time I've seen the horses from the front instead of their backside, cos they faced east and were on the other side of the border.
2. What's left of the Top Secret Comms /spy station on top of Teufels Burg. Its the highest land point in Berlin but is man made from all of bombed building rubble from WW2.
3. Britisher Tag Parade. Each nation that supported, supplied and liberated Berlin gets its own tribute day. We were lucky to be there on our Brits day.
4. Now one of my proudest moments to have met this man. This is Col Halvorsen, he is 92 years old. He commanded the bomber operations that kept Berliners alive after they were trapped in their own city. It was know as the Berlin air bridge or Berliner Luft. They dropped food and other supplies, not bombs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:53:29 pm by Glenn »

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:11 pm »
Hi glenn, Nice pictures, please keep them coming. Looks like you having a great time  :152:

Quick question if you don't mind  :261: How did you attach the flags/pole to the bike, I'm looking to do the same for the RTTW this year.

Roadrunner
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:37:38 am »
*Originally Posted by Roadrunner [+]
Hi glenn, Nice pictures, please keep them coming. Looks like you having a great time  :152:

Quick question if you don't mind  :261: How did you attach the flags/pole to the bike, I'm looking to do the same for the RTTW this year.

Roadrunner
hi Roadrunner, cheers. I shaped a steel plate to fit the mounting for the original back rack ( under the too box mount). Braced it with some flat bar. Bolted tubing to it. Slid smaller dia tube inside that. Drilled and split pinned those in place. Drilled and fitted redundant carbon ten poles. I'll post pillows for you later. One improvement occurs to me is to use square section tube to take the strain off of the split pins. Maybe change it later on.

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 07:56:55 am »
Hello again Glenn

Thanks for the info : You must be tried after all that riding? I so look forward to seeing pictures of the PILLOWS  :745: :745: :745: :087: :087:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:06:12 am »
 :440:
*Originally Posted by Roadrunner [+]
Hello again Glenn

Thanks for the info : You must be tried after all that riding? I so look forward to seeing pictures of the PILLOWS  :745: :745: :745: :087: :087:
tired and auto text.  :233:   :745:

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 08:46:06 am »
1297 km (806 miles) so far. Bike is running sweet.
Reporting on some forum reported issues; cruise control is a bit harsh when shut off at speeds over 80 mph, minor niggle though. Took it to 125 mph yesterday, no vibes to speak of. Instruments all work fine, yes there's a small difference in speed between speedo and sat nag. Screen works fine. Pannier wear point tip of adding tape to contact point is working well. My mudguard mod is great. See pictures on that thread.
We are in a llovely town called Celle now. I will post pictures tonight.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:52:14 pm by Glenn »