Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Zumo 660  (Read 1975 times)

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Zumo 660
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:43 pm »
I have a Zumo 660 with lifetime map updates for europe. All maps are up to date but I seem to be missing some countries, namely Germany and Italy. Any ideas?  :233: :233:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Zumo 660
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:58:07 pm »
I would enquire with Garmin (very helpful), I have lifetime maps and updated a month ago and all okay as I've just returned from Germany.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:29:22 pm »
Its probably about which maps you choose to load when you set up. The internal memory of the 660 isn't big enough to have all the maps of Europe on board so you have to either select regions. OR insert a large micro SD card and then install ALL maps.

The process is a pain though as it spends quite a while trying to load the all Europe maps onto the internal memory before it realises you don't have enough and asking if you would like to use an SD card!

It is one of the few issues I have with the Garmin 660. It really needs more internal memory so you can get the full area on board.

Use the Garmin Express app to re-intsall the maps you need.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »
I have the Sd card installed and when I go into the Garmin Express it says I have no more maps to install. I have found that the unit will accept the GPS coordinates and works out the route perfectly it just won't allow me to change the country to Germany or Italy, they're are not listed. I am a bit wary about deleting the maps in case I can't reinstall them. I am going to Germany on Thursday so I think I will just use the coordinate method and maybe look further into it when I get back.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:25:38 pm »
*Originally Posted by davidw3d [+]
I have the Sd card installed and when I go into the Garmin Express it says I have no more maps to install. I have found that the unit will accept the GPS coordinates and works out the route perfectly it just won't allow me to change the country to Germany or Italy, they're are not listed. I am a bit wary about deleting the maps in case I can't reinstall them. I am going to Germany on Thursday so I think I will just use the coordinate method and maybe look further into it when I get back.

If you've got lifetime maps there shouldn't be a problem, also what size SD card, mine used a 4GB memory and took 3.75hrs to update!!!!!.......but as I said earlier ring Garmin UK they are very helpfull.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:29:27 pm by Triplemania »