Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Cant get Scala G9 to pair correctly  (Read 3839 times)

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Cant get Scala G9 to pair correctly
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:22:03 pm »
It was suggested I might get better results in this forum so I'm posting here.  Please forgive duplicate postings but I'm very anxious to get the darn thing working.  I'm beginning to feel I made a big mistake.  Instead of going with Sena I "upgraded" from a Q2 to the G9 instead of the Sena mostly because Cardo assured me that the G9 is backwards compatible with the Q2, meaning I would not have to buy new headsets for my children.

I can get the Scala to recognize either my iphone or my Trophy but not both at the same time.  If I have the Scala paired to the Trophy the voice commands no longer work.  I cannot initiate a call at all unless I stop and hand dial the phone.  This defeats a major purpose of having the phone. 

Has anyone out there successfully paired their iphone, scala and Trophy so they have the phone function, the ability to initiate a call by voice, the ability to answer a call by voice, the ability to play the phone music, the ability to hear the Trophy radio over the scala.  In other words has anyone been able to use the full functionality.

Would appreciate any help.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:24:59 am by w8d4it »
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Cant get Scala G9 to pair correctly
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54:27 am »
First pair the headset with the trophy then pair the iphone with the TROPHY. I have Sena but it works that way for me.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Jccjr50

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Dripping springs
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:28 am »
When I have a problem, I call scala and I have found them very helpful. Just called two days ago to repair my units.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 02:59:28 am »
*Originally Posted by davidw3d [+]
First pair the headset with the trophy then pair the iphone with the TROPHY. I have Sena but it works that way for me.
Thanks I will give this a try tomorrow
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:01:39 am »
*Originally Posted by Jccjr50 [+]
When I have a problem, I call scala and I have found them very helpful. Just called two days ago to repair my units.
Thanks  if davidw3d's suggestion doesn't work I will try calling them. I was under the impression that Scala customer support only used email and in the past it has taken up to a week to get a response
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 12:04:29 am »
Doesn't matter what order I pair the headset and iphone with the Trophy I still lose the voice control function of the iphone the minute I pair it with the Trophy. 
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 12:10:11 am »
*Originally Posted by Jccjr50 [+]

Well I called Scala and I'm not only frustrated but also getting angry.  I spent an hour on the phone with Scala.  He had me do a complete reset of the headset.  Then 3-4 times we tried to get both the headset and the iphone connected.  Absolutely would not work.  The Scala tech continually blames the Triumph even though he has never personally set up a Triumph before.  He just kept telling me that what we were doing works on the BMW.  He seemed like a nice guy so I didn't answer with the obvious but snide remark "that doesn't do me any good, this is a Triumph".  I just can't believe the Triumph is so different from every other audio system out there.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:14:13 pm »
When I was on the phone with Scala they told me I had the latest version of firmware and that the problem has to be with the Trophy.  I doubt it is Triumph.  I still think it is the Scala.  But I called the Triumph dealer and they called Triumph USA.  Triumph USA said they would consult with Triumph UK and get back to the dealer.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST