Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: After the first week commuting  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Groundbreaker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leigh-on-Sea
After the first week commuting
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »
So here I am after a full weeks of commuting on the TT

Very impressed the big beast has got narrower & lighter as the week has gone on. An excellent seating position for me at 6'2'' no problems with leg or back if I had to comments I would say the seat is just a tad narrow at the tank end, but I have a backside the size of Hertfordshire!!!

The screen, I tend to have it just slightly raised which seems just right for my height, both protecting me and still giving me the sense of speed.

I have to do a fair bit of filtering as I journey from Essex to Kent and have found the bike to be very well balanced at slow speeds and stable at high speeds. The steering is both light and very easy. The balance of the bike at low speeds especially with a pillion is superb!!  I travel across the Medway bridge that does feel the high  winds but the bike handles that well.

Am pleasantly surprised as regards to the audio, better than I expected but no hi-fi quality but then I am riding a bike !! What do people expect!

So roll on teh 10th July when I take it to France on its first Tour :152: :152:

A few niggles that will be going to the dealer to sort out
1. Audio cuts out when the horn is used
2. The rear heated seat switch has a mind of its own

I have read comments and complaints regarding the switches being beyond reach BUT is it a big deal??? The cruise control is fine for me but I do have large hands, the audio switches hmmmmm once I set them as I start I rarely need to touch them again anyway, so for me no real issues!!

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: After the first week commuting
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
Glad you are enjoying your ride. I too commute (just under 100 miles a day). The nice thing about the TT is the weather protection when things get a bit damp or cold.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
Someone else mentioned that the audio cut out when using the horn. Everything else you just get used to as different, but after a while of playing about you tend to stop fiddling with things.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
I have not tried the horn out yet! lOL So I can't say what effect it might have.

I will try it out on the way home tonight and report back.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »
Horn, What's a horn  :745: :745:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »
good write up.  I also commute but just over 100 miles a day (when in work).   I have not had to do much filtering yet but also I have not got the panniers on for just work.  The top box is big enough for laptop etc.

I am also off to France but not until a week later the 17th.  Can't wait.  Where abouts are you going in France?  We are off to the Carcassonne region this year.

Offline Groundbreaker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leigh-on-Sea
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
good write up.  I also commute but just over 100 miles a day (when in work).   I have not had to do much filtering yet but also I have not got the panniers on for just work.  The top box is big enough for laptop etc.

I am also off to France but not until a week later the 17th.  Can't wait.  Where abouts are you going in France?  We are off to the Carcassonne region this year.

We are going to Dijon and then heading to the Vosges mountains along the route do cretes and then heading back via the champagne region.

Would like to have gone further ideally the Black forest but we are limited to just 4 days

But wherever it is great to just ride!!!

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
Sounds good.  It is something I wish I could do more of, a nice quick trip and see the sights.  Unfortunately work and dog commitments get in the way.

We are taking 3 days to get down staying a week and using that as a point for ride outs and then taking 3 days to get back.  I am really looking forward to going on the Trophy.  My Pillion is too?  We have done similar (different parts of France) on the 955 Tiger and the 1050 Sprint neither of which is ideal hopefuly this one is??????