Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: TPMS sensor FIX!  (Read 5596 times)

• Offline Aharbi

• Trophy Pro  ‐    109
    • Topic Author

Offline Aharbi

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Retired and riding
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Austin Texas
    TPMS sensor FIX!
    on: Aug 10, 2017, 05.42 pm
    Aug 10, 2017, 05.42 pm
    This has been the only source on contention I've had with this bike. Way way too expensive to replace, dealer won't or can't disable it. Dealertool has promised to allow disabling it in their next release(s) don't hold your breath. I always check my tire pressures before each ride. I used the old VCR flashing clock display fix :-) At least at night I no longer get this glaring red beacon in my eye, now a nice pink background glow :-) https://artharbison.smugmug.com/Motorcycle/i-b3845cB
    Last Edit: Aug 10, 2017, 05.50 pm by Aharbi
    Best regards; Art

• Offline lemuriano

• Trophy Pro  ‐    200

Offline lemuriano

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Jacksonville, Fl
    Re: TPMS sensor FIX!
    Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2017, 06.10 pm
    Aug 10, 2017, 06.10 pm
    *Originally Posted by Aharbi [+]
    Way way too expensive to replace, dealer won't or can't disable it.

It can be disable! A while back, at my request, the dealer disable it. Cost +/- $21.00 and took less than 5 minutes.   
    An apprentice in life, perhaps with the spirit of a Café Racer
    IBA #60953

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10000

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2017, 06.16 am
    Aug 11, 2017, 06.16 am
    Aharbi :
    Dealertool has promised to allow disabling it in their next release(s)...

NO ! - They haven't !   

They have said that they will look at whether this can be done,
    but have made NO promises at all.

Last Edit: Mar 28, 2020, 08.10 pm by Coconut

• Offline Aharbi

• Trophy Pro  ‐    109
    • Topic Author

Offline Aharbi

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Retired and riding
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Austin Texas
    Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2017, 11.10 pm
    Aug 11, 2017, 11.10 pm
    My bad, you are 100% correct Coconut. They "have made NO promises at all."
    Best regards; Art

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2017, 11.45 pm
    Sep 08, 2017, 11.45 pm
    OK, so I am confused here. Can the sensor light be disabled? Or can't it? I am having the same annoyance with mine. When I start up the system takes a while to get a reading on the tires. Once it gets a reading the light goes away for a while but then 20 minutes later the stupid red light comes back on and stays on! There is no issue with the tires, pressures are fine and the display does not call out a low tire.

If it is not going to behave correctly then it just a nuisance and should be disabled.  I will ask the dealer next week when the bike has its first service done.  I will let you all know what happens.
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

• Offline Paul

• Trophy Pro  ‐    139

Offline Paul

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Lunar Silver SE
    • City / Town: Chicago area
    Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2017, 12.37 am
    Sep 09, 2017, 12.37 am
    The TPMS light and display info was disabled on my Trophy when I bought it, so yes it can be done (the light won't even self test when you first turn the key). I wanted to have the functionality though, and it was restored automatically after the dealer flashed the ECU to enable the heated grip/seat indicators after I installed them.

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2017, 01.07 am
    Sep 09, 2017, 01.07 am
    *Originally Posted by explor202 [+]
    The TPMS light and display info was disabled on my Trophy when I bought it, so yes it can be done (the light won't even self test when you first turn the key). I wanted to have the functionality though, and it was restored automatically after the dealer flashed the ECU to enable the heated grip/seat indicators after I installed them.

I agree, I really like the fact that the TPMS is there and would prefer to have a properly working system. Maybe there is something they can do to make it work properly. Thanks for the info.
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

• Offline Paul

• Trophy Pro  ‐    139

Offline Paul

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Lunar Silver SE
    • City / Town: Chicago area
    Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2017, 04.19 am
    Sep 09, 2017, 04.19 am
    *Originally Posted by Ghostrider25 [+]
    When I start up the system takes a while to get a reading on the tires. Once it gets a reading the light goes away for a while but then 20 minutes later the stupid red light comes back on and stays on! There is no issue with the tires, pressures are fine and the display does not call out a low tire.

There is a normal delay in getting the readings, I think the manual says they won't be displayed until after 12 MPH (or something like that). On mine, the light only comes on during the self test with all the other idiot lights, then goes out right away even if I'm not moving and the sensors aren't sending any data.

When the light comes on for you, are you saying the pressure data is still displayed and it's correct? If that's the case, it sounds like the sensors just need to be reset by the dealer, assuming that's an option (like it would be for most cars). I would think if it was an actual sensor or battery issue, you would see the light all the time and no pressure values would be displayed.
    Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017, 04.22 am by explor202