Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sat Nat / Phone etc  (Read 3774 times)

Offline madshep

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boston, Lincolnshire
Sat Nat / Phone etc
« on: June 25, 2013, 05:05:53 pm »
Hi all ....................... had the bike for a fortnight now, and so am getting through the running in period nicely, and am loving the thing to bits!

I know this topic has come up a few times already as I've searched the site a bit, but I'm hoping someone can clarify things a bit for me?

I have a schuberth C3 helmet with the integrated intercom fitted.

My wife has the same.

I want to be able to connect both of these via Bluetooth to the bike so we can listen to the radio / music etc.

That's fairly straight forward I think, but I also have a Zumo 660, and had the mount fitted before I picked up the bike.

On my previous bike, I had my helmet paired with the sat. nav, and also paired that with my mobile phone.

So I was able to talk to my wife, hear the sat. Nav, AND make/ receive calls as well.

Been looking through the Audio handbook today, and have paired my helmet ok, so can hear the radio now.

Will pair the wife's later too hopefully.

MY question concerns the audio from the sat nav.

When they fitted the harness to the bike, they ran the 3.5mm audio jack to the void in behind the left hand mirror.

Can anyone tell me whether this means that to hear the sat nav ( and so phone too) through my helmet, that I have to get a small lead, and plug this into the side of my sat nav, and the other end into the jack lead socket behind the mirror?

To have to do this each time you ride is a bit of a pain isn't it --- or am I missing something out here??

Sorry if this has been discussed over and over before, but I hope you guys can advise a newbie like me.

Thanks

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Sat Nat / Phone etc
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:12:50 pm »
The 3.5mm jack from the GPS harness plugs into a connector already fitted to the Trophy, there are instruction on here on how to do this. The GPS instructions will then come through the headsets.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:14:30 pm »
The wiring harness which attaches to the cradle for the Zumo 660 cas an audio out which plugs into the bikes 3.5mm input. Just mounting the Zumo on the cradle feeds nav instructions through that output to the bikes system. I assume the bikes Bluetooth will then link to your Schuberth C3 system and give you nav and audio sound as well as phone.

At least it connects to the Bluetooth module on my Autocom L1 unit which then has leads to the helmet speakers and microphones
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline madshep

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boston, Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:02:37 pm »
Think I've sussed it!!

When the guys in the dealers were fitting the zumo 660 harness and mounting kit, it seems as though they never connected the 3.5mm plug that is part of the bike's wiring harness to the new sat nav harness.

As it says the bike is designed with the Zumo 660 in mind, you would have thought the technicians would have known that! :187:

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »
It seems like none of them know. 

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 06:49:30 am »
It seems not - plenty of us have had exactly the same issue -
My technician said it was'lt mentioned on the course he went on.
( Which doesn't excuse the fact the details are quite clear in the instructions provided in the kit ! ).

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:05:43 pm by Coconut »

Offline Groundbreaker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leigh-on-Sea
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 08:59:22 am »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
It seems not - plenty of us have had exactly the same issue -
My technician said it was'lt mentioned on the course he went on.
( Which doesn't excuse the fact the detaisl are quite clear in the instructions provided in the kit ! ).

If it wasnt for this forum and the help from you guys my nav would not have been audio wired

Forum 1    Triumph technicians 0
 :047:

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 10:03:44 am »
With my Sena I pair to the Garmin which is then bridged to the phone. I do not use the Garmin jacks. This means I hear music and traffic instructions from the Garmin and pick up any calls. I suspect you can do the same.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

tweedy-bunch