Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: New Trophy Owner from the Bay Area  (Read 3643 times)

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207
    • Topic Author

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    New Trophy Owner from the Bay Area
    on: Aug 22, 2017, 03.23 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 03.23 pm
    Greetings, all! I hail from the S.F. Bay Area and I just bought a 2017 SE. I got the Phantom Black color, which is not unexpected because a) It's an awesome color! And b) I always get black bikes. Don't know why, exactly, I just always end up with Black.

I sat on one of these back in 2014 at the IMS bike show and I was super impressed. I always thought I might end up on one of these one day, and I was in the market at the time but I ended up buying a Victory Vision. Well, 3 years later here I am!  :046:  I have heard that Triumph is going to stop production on the Trophy at the end of this year. This really unfortunate, and it almost stopped me from buying as Victory already got shut down, and I was paranoid about having another orphan bike! but at the price I got this beautiful machine, well, I could not pass it up. Further, I have faith that Triumph will support this machine for as long as I have it.

So with that, I am looking forward to getting to know you all out there so we can swap tips, tricks, motorcycle fish stories and so on!
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

• Offline karl

• Trophy Pro  ‐    317

Offline karl

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Hampden, MA
    Re: New Trophy Owner from the Bay Area
    Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05.08 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 05.08 pm
     :400: and enjoy your ride.
    The Beast

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10059

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05.17 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 05.17 pm
    Hi Ghostrider25 and :400: to the Club !

Last Edit: Mar 28, 2020, 08.33 pm by Coconut

• Offline cropbiker   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    4934

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
    • Midlands biker
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Worcester
    Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05.32 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 05.32 pm
    Hello Ghostrider & welcome. Yes, I'm sure you will have got an awesome deal for the bike as the dealers in the US seem to be clearing their stock.

As you say, support will exist for many years until the new, New Trophy arrives! :001:
    Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207
    • Topic Author

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06.37 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 06.37 pm
    Thanks all. I have been researching and shopping stuff around for quite a while now. The dealer I bought from had 2 on the floor. The first one I took out (Blue) didn't quite feel right in that it just felt cramped and I could not get comfortable with accessing the gear lever. I am a full sized kind of dude and many bikes do not fit me. They tried to adjust it, but I just could not make it work. So I walked away very disappointed. This class of bike (Sport Tour) was the bike I wanted but I just could not find the right one. The Kawasaki Concours is way outdated, The FJR, though a very nice bike didn't sit very well and I hated the stock seat. The Motus MST is just way, way over-priced, and the BMW RT or K bike, though nice, just wasn't happening either. I did not and do not want a BMW.

So I was in the dealer last week having some work done on the Vision and I looked over and saw this great looking Black Trophy. At first I did not pay too much attention, but something just seemed different about this Trophy over its Blue Sister sitting right next to it. I was sitting on a new Explorer at the time, wondering if I should go in this direction when I decided to just go over and have a sit on the Black Trophy. And as soon as my butt hit the seat I knew this bike was special. So I took it out for a ride -  Everything that did not work on the Blue Trophy worked perfectly on this Black one! Ergos, performance, handling - just incredible. and the rest, as they say, is history.

It's funny how things come 'round full circle From that very first look in 2014 to today. I am looking forward to many good years on this amazing bike.
    Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017, 06.42 pm by Ghostrider25
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

• Offline Michel1960

• Trophy Pro  ‐    315

Offline Michel1960

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Quebec
    Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2017, 07.18 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 07.18 pm
    *Originally Posted by Ghostrider25 [+]
    Thanks all. I have been researching and shopping stuff around for quite a while now. The dealer I bought from had 2 on the floor. The first one I took out (Blue) didn't quite feel right in that it just felt cramped and I could not get comfortable with accessing the gear lever. I am a full sized kind of dude and many bikes do not fit me. They tried to adjust it, but I just could not make it work. So I walked away very disappointed. This class of bike (Sport Tour) was the bike I wanted but I just could not find the right one. The Kawasaki Concours is way outdated, The FJR, though a very nice bike didn't sit very well and I hated the stock seat. The Motus MST is just way, way over-priced, and the BMW RT or K bike, though nice, just wasn't happening either. I did not and do not want a BMW.

So I was in the dealer last week having some work done on the Vision and I looked over and saw this great looking Black Trophy. At first I did not pay too much attention, but something just seemed different about this Trophy over its Blue Sister sitting right next to it. I was sitting on a new Explorer at the time, wondering if I should go in this direction when I decided to just go over and have a sit on the Black Trophy. And as soon as my butt hit the seat I knew this bike was special. So I took it out for a ride -  Everything that did not work on the Blue Trophy worked perfectly on this Black one! Ergos, performance, handling - just incredible. and the rest, as they say, is history.

It's funny how things come 'round full circle From that very first look in 2014 to today. I am looking forward to many good years on this amazing bike.

Beside being black and not quite as fast as the Blue one  :008: :745:, how was it different from your first trial ride?? Oh and  :401:
    Honda 350 ( old),Suzuki 400 GS 1975
    Yamaha Maxim 750 1983,Yamaha Venture Royale 1984,Honda St1300A 2003
    Bmw K1600GTL 2012
    Triumph Trophy SE 2014

• Offline Brit Al   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    273

Offline Brit Al

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: TTSE '14
    • City / Town: Aylesbury
    Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2017, 07.28 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 07.28 pm
     :401: Ghostrider25
    Enjoy your new black beauty and this forum.
    Al

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207
    • Topic Author

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2017, 09.02 pm
    Aug 22, 2017, 09.02 pm
    *Originally Posted by Michel1960 [+]
    Beside being black and not quite as fast as the Blue one  :008: :745:,

And so it begins!  :008: Everyone  knows that Black is faster! :150:

*Originally Posted by Michel1960 [+]
    how was it different from your first trial ride??

It's the darndest thing... I felt much more comfortable on the Black one, like I was more planted "in" the seat, not on it. The pegs had a full 2 inches more reach than the Blue one, so I was just all around much more comfortable on the Black one. It just felt better. Performance-wise, the two were the same. Brakes were great on both, Both had a super smooth transmission, and other awesomeness!  So it really came down to the comfort factor.