Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Great Insurance Rates  (Read 4269 times)

• Offline GaryWWhite   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    535
    • Topic Author

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 TTSE Black
    • City / Town: Lees Summit Missouri
    Great Insurance Rates
    on: Aug 28, 2017, 05.47 pm
    Aug 28, 2017, 05.47 pm
     :435: Hey, I know that insurance coverage isn't an exciting topic but I just wanted to pass on the deal I got recently.  I had an accident in May where I ran off the road and totaled my HD. I was insured through Progressive paying about $38 a month without medical payments, underinsured liability coverage and roadside coverage.  I called Progressive and found out that my coverage would be $124 a month due to the accident and the fact that Triumph's are rated higher in premium than HD's.  I sucked it up and went with a $1000 deductible which reduced the payment to  $92 a month. 

I then saw the ad online in the Forum about Dairyland Cycle insurance.  I knew they were a specialty Company after being an insurance adjuster for nearly 35 years and knowing there were reputable.  I got a quote from them for a rate of $47 a month with a $500 deductible, med coverage, underinsured motorist coverage and road side assistance. 

Just thought if any of you needed coverage on your TT's this might be a good option!!

Best Regards,
    Gary

• Offline janfmiller   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    957

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
    • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • Bike: Was: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
    Re: Great Insurance Rates
    Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2017, 07.01 pm
    Aug 28, 2017, 07.01 pm
    I have good rates in WI with Nationwide, but it always pays to check around....
    1977 Suzuki TS-185
    1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
    2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES NON-DCT
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09

• Offline lemuriano

• Trophy Pro  ‐    200

Offline lemuriano

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Jacksonville, Fl
    Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2017, 08.08 pm
    Aug 28, 2017, 08.08 pm
    Great informative tread. We choose esurance when we bought the bike, initially was $31 and then they lowered to $24. I like the fact that even after almost three years, we still have the new motorcycle protection, that pays the MSRP in case of a total loss.   
    An apprentice in life, perhaps with the spirit of a Café Racer
    IBA #60953

• Topic Author

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2017, 08.40 pm
    Aug 28, 2017, 08.40 pm
     Wow, that's fantastic!  I went right away to Esurance and they had a notice that they don't offer this in Missouri.  :233: The replacement cost aspect is phenomenal.  Hey, I just bought my TTSE new for a large discount.  With the bike being discontinued, I would like your input about how this will affect the values of these bikes?  Some say that the value will increase due to their popularity amongst us in the know lol. 
    Best Regards,
    Gary

• Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro  ‐    247

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
    Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2017, 11.34 pm
    Aug 28, 2017, 11.34 pm
    What a subject?!?!  Here in North Carolina, with State Farm - been with them almost continuously since high school days (early '70s).  Last ticket was for speeding in a CMV back in 2002 and a one car accident back in 2011 (car totaled - power pole replaced).  Nothing since.

$628.42 per year for my Trophy and $537.68 per year for my Sprint.

50/100   Liability Bodily Injury

50          Liability Property Damage

Fire, Theft, Vandalism  $100 Deductible

Collision  $100 Deductible

Combined Insured/Uninsured Motor Vehicle

50/100   Personal Bodily Injury

50          Personal Property Damage

I shop around often and only GEICO beat my current rates by only a few $$$$. Esurance rates were nearly identical while while everyone else was higher, some alot higher.  Keep in mind I also insure my home, car and pickup truck with State Farm.

Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017, 12.00 am by SprintST1050

• Topic Author

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Aug 29, 2017, 12.33 am
    Aug 29, 2017, 12.33 am
    Hey My Friend,

Those are good rates but I think Dairyland might be able to provide you with a better quote.  Just go on line and fill out the info.  With your driving record I am certain you will have a lower  premium with better coverage.  The only thing I don't know is if they will provide a $100 deductible.  Kind of doubt it as $500 is typical nowadays. I had State Farm for almost 40 years and had three claims within 5 years on my home (two back flows through sewer lines and one fire where the microwave caught on fire).  On the sewer line losses they made me accept a $5000 deductible and after 5 years reduced it to a $1000, shortly after this I had the fire and they advised they were canceling me.  I moved to USAA for military and they have been great with a lot lower premium.  I had my cars insured with State Farm too.  They are now with USAA.  State Farm treats you great until you have a claim.  Needless to say State Farm I don't have much good to say about State Farm as this is how they repaid my loyalty. I'm sure if you have an (accident) God forbid or if your bike was stolen they would take good care of you on that end, but they might turn around and cancel you too? 
    Best Regards,
    Gary

• Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro  ‐    247

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
    Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2017, 01.09 am
    Aug 29, 2017, 01.09 am
    Thanks for the info.  When married , wife had numerous 'fender benders' - all handled superbly and no rate increase ever (Florida).  After the one accident in NC (also handled superbly) I was pushed into the 'Safe Driver Program' were my car rates jumped 62% (state maximum) for 2 years. 

Rates receded eventually but in 2014 NC began letting insurance companies raise their rates at will due to the extreme recklessness of illegals and/or explosion in the numbers of the uninsured (economy). 

Keep in mind NC is a state that didn't approve of men entering women's restrooms and locker rooms, taking a beating as a result.  You will run into people in NC who don't speak a word of English on a daily basis.  Fortunately, they do seem to know how to use toilets.

• Offline smash   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    191

Offline smash

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2017, 02.47 pm
    Aug 29, 2017, 02.47 pm
    I've been happy with my rates through Progressive, but their service has impressed me the most.  I totaled my Speed Triple last summer.  There was no BS or negotiation involved.  They offered me the NADA retail price on the bike and also gave me the new retail price of every piece of gear I was wearing.  I crashed on Wednesday and had the check on Monday.  The only problem was they mis-coded one of the medical payments and sent it to the wrong place.  I called them when I got a second bill and they figured it out quickly and took care of it.  The best part was they offer accident foregivness and didn't count the crash against my future rates since I hadn't had a crash in five years.

tweedy-bunch