Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Canada Speed Limit  (Read 1833 times)

Offline afterburner

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 triumph trophy
  • City / Town: long beach, ca
Canada Speed Limit
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »
I'm heading off to the Icefields Pakway in the Canadian Rockies. I'm curious what are the speed limits on the 95 and 93 from the US border to Banff.

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Canada Speed Limit
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 01:13:02 pm »
Don't know but am envious as all hell, scenery is so magnificent & spectacular it rendered us speechless at times.
We toured all through there last year starting from Vancouver. We headed south from Banff/Calgary on highway 2 and sat behind some Harleys 140 klm all the way to Fort Macleod.
We crossed the boarder after checking out Waterton Lakes which was beautiful then headed over the Going to The Sun Road which is not to be missed.
Have a great trip, for us it was the trip of a lifetime. Yes I am now an unofficial ambassador for Canada.

Simon

Offline kgerry

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »
speed limits will be posted... usually 100-110 kph... (60-65 mph)

i just did a cruise a couple of weeks ago across the prairies to Waterton and then up the Old Cowboy Trail to Drumheller and back.... nice little cruise.... great scenery... could have done without the torrential rain and wind though....

Offline 47BarnsleyLad66

• Trophy Member
  • 47BarnsleyLad66
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13TriumphTrophySE
  • City / Town: Parksville,BC
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:28:04 pm »
The speed limit on the  parkway between Banff and Jasper is 90kph,55mph.A ride I have done many times,there are slower posted signs where animals usually congregate,traffic can be busy,usual stuff rental cars and motor homes,be careful passing them as they are often distracted,but the TT should fly by them easily,have fun.

tweedy-bunch