Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Help on XM Sirius  (Read 5332 times)

• Offline GaryWWhite   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    535
    • Topic Author

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 TTSE Black
    • City / Town: Lees Summit Missouri
    Help on XM Sirius
    on: Sep 06, 2017, 03.51 am
    Sep 06, 2017, 03.51 am
     :431: if this has been posted before but I have a couple of questions regard XM Sirius radio.
    First, my understanding is that the antenna and everything necessary to receive reception of the satellites is on board the U.S. model TTSE; second, I understand their is a fee for this service and I was wondering if anyone who has Sirius could advise how much it is per month; third, I listen primarily to smooth jazz and 70's\80's rock and classical (baroque) music.  I kind of have an eclectic taste in all genres, duh!  Is it difficult to find this music as I hear there are hundreds of stations?

Any help guys would greatly be appreciated!

Best Regards,
    Gary

• Offline karl

• Trophy Pro  ‐    317

Offline karl

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Hampden, MA
    The Beast

• Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro  ‐    340

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy
    • City / Town: New York
    Re: Help on XM Sirius
    Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2017, 01.24 pm
    Sep 06, 2017, 01.24 pm
    *Originally Posted by GaryWWhite [+]
    :431: if this has been posted before but I have a couple of questions regard XM Sirius radio.
    First, my understanding is that the antenna and everything necessary to receive reception of the satellites is on board the U.S. model TTSE; second, I understand their is a fee for this service and I was wondering if anyone who has Sirius could advise how much it is per month; third, I listen primarily to smooth jazz and 70's\80's rock and classical (baroque) music.  I kind of have an eclectic taste in all genres, duh!  Is it difficult to find this music as I hear there are hundreds of stations?

Any help guys would greatly be appreciated!
    Hey Gary:
    Activate the three month trial for starters.  Don't give them a credit card yet so they cant convert your subscription to pay without you first going over the plans and unless you want to, don't agree to a plan while still under the trial until you are sure you want it.  If you don't go for it they will call you relentlessly once your trial expires and you can work out the best deal for your needs.
    I have several radios and pay a different rate for each.  I think the bike is on a yearly one fee that comes out to about ten bucks a month.  My wife's car just ran through its free trial and I was offered $28 for 6 months (about $5.00 a month) which would then convert to like $14 a month if I don't step in and negotiate a different deal.  I took the lower temporary payment and will talk with them after six months. 
    As far as stations I tend to listen from 1-32 or so.  I am not looking at a radio right now but your needs would be suited on channel 7 - 70's on 7 or 8 - 80's on 8.  There is also classic rewind and another classic rock station up around 27 or so.  There are jazz stations but I have never sought out barougue music.  There's a Springsteen channel, a Dead channel, Tom Petty - all within that range.
    Go on Sirius' site and you will see a list of channels.  It's very easy to deal with and your Trophy will allow you to enter multiple favorite channels which you can then access with one button on the bars. 

Last Edit: Sep 06, 2017, 01.27 pm by Trophy Bike

• Offline bobv07662   00

• Trophy Pro  ‐    313

Offline bobv07662

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Rochelle Park, NJ
    Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2017, 01.43 pm
    Sep 06, 2017, 01.43 pm
    Gary the price you pay for Sirius here in the States varies by your negotiating skills. They will give you a starting offer and then it's up to you to go from there.
    My wife and I presently have 3 vehicles enrolled and the most recent negotiation resulted in us paying $50 for 5 months. We've been subscribers since 2005.
    The music channels have all the music you are looking for. Some friends of ours use their phone to stream content to their vehicle systems but where we travel the cell service can be a bit intermittent.
    1978 Bonneville    1973 Trophy Trail TR5T
    2012 Thruxton      1976 Hodaka ED250
    2014 Trophy SE    1950 Vincent Rapide
    1976 Yamaha RD400C 1967 Rickman 8 valve
    1978 Yamaha DT400E

• Offline Michel1960

• Trophy Pro  ‐    315

Offline Michel1960

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Quebec
    Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2017, 02.15 pm
    Sep 06, 2017, 02.15 pm
    I am very happy with Sirius/XM , they have all kinds of channels and type of music for a few dollars a month. Once you try it , you will never want to go without, coverage is 100% .
    Honda 350 ( old),Suzuki 400 GS 1975
    Yamaha Maxim 750 1983,Yamaha Venture Royale 1984,Honda St1300A 2003
    Bmw K1600GTL 2012
    Triumph Trophy SE 2014

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4913

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2017, 03.48 pm
    Sep 06, 2017, 03.48 pm
    We've had XM/Sirius since sometime in the early 2000's, and every time it comes up for renewal it is a lot more than we were paying so my wife calls them and with a threat or two to cancel they always relent and reduce the price substantially.  We've always had multiple vehicles on it, so there is more than one subscription to use as leverage.  I don't know what the rate is now, but it must be reasonable or my wife wouldn't have bought it.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline GaryWWhite   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    535
    • Topic Author

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 TTSE Black
    • City / Town: Lees Summit Missouri
    Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2017, 04.33 pm
    Sep 06, 2017, 04.33 pm
    Hey Folks,

Thanks for the tremendous outpouring of information on XM Sirius!!  I really do appreciate it and will be looking forward to getting my new bike home and getting this set up.  My sister has it in her vehicle and while I was recovering from my accident never thought when I bought a bike that it would have this feature.  So lucky I have a TTSE and guys like you on this great forum!!

Best Regards and Thanks Again!
    Gary

• Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro  ‐    133

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
    Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2017, 05.32 pm
    Sep 21, 2017, 05.32 pm
    And don't forget that you can set XM radio stations in the channel pre-sets on the TTSE.  I predominately listen to 6, 7 and 8 (60's, 70's 80's) 26 and 27 (classic rewind, and classic vinyl), and 32 (the Bridge, classic rock and classic folk mix).

I also renegotiate the rate every six months.  And it is the only thing I still pay for with a check.  They will never get my credit card number.
    Twisted Trophies Charter Member