Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Has Anyone Acquired the 650mm Windscreen  (Read 2408 times)

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Has Anyone Acquired the 650mm Windscreen
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:00:49 am »
I'm thinking about getting the 650mm windscreen from PowerBronze for my TTSE.  I was wondering if any of the other members have acquired this screen and what is your impression of the quality?
Thanks!
Gary

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
Re: Has Anyone Acquired the 650mm Windscreen
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:43:32 pm »
I have the National Cycle Vstream windshields.  I ended up with all three options, a long story.  However, I find the Sport/Tour excellent for protection and air flow during the summer and the Touring great for long trips (where you want it a little quieter) and on any trip when it is below 60 degrees F.  (I am 5'10" and ride on a Corbin seat which places me a little higher than the standard seat in the high position.)

One thing I notice about the Trophy is that when you raise a windshield, it moves into a more vertical plane which I find creates more buffeting.  Consequently, I would rather install a larger windshield if I want it taller, on a more regular basis.

Here is their website, I am not connected with them.  http://www.nationalcycle.com/index.php/catalog/category/view/id/5584 

You can also find them on Ebay.

Ride Safe,
ZShyster
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:47:29 pm by ZShyster »

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 10:44:29 pm »
Hi ZShyster,

Thanks for turning me on to the National Cycle website.  I liked their video about the strength of their polycarbonate shields and their engineering to produce less buffeting.  Will probably go with their tallest version as I am 6'2".

Oh, BTW, nice pic of the Wart Hog!  A buddy of mine flew these during the Vietnam conflict. The A-10 is a remarkable aircraft!

Thanks Much!
Gary

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 01:50:44 am »
Gary,

Glad to help.  Just be careful the fasteners that hold on the windshield are a very low torque (3Nm, 2.2 ft/lb, 26.5in/lb)  I actually have a screw driver type torque wrench I use.  Also, while you have it off, be sure to check those little c-clips that hold on the pivot pins on the accuator. I lost one once.

Also, if your buddy flew in Viet Nam, he probably few the A-1, the predecessor of the A-10.

Ride safe, maybe we will pass on the road some day.   :821:

ZShyster

tweedy-bunch