Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Another Scala query ?  (Read 5048 times)

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
Another Scala query ?
« on: June 27, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »
Hello all,

:431:

I know another Scala problem  :087:  I have the Scala rider team set pro and the only thing I can get it to work with is my iPhone (calls only) and talking to my pillion. When it comes to gadgets I wouldn't know where to start. I have tried pairing it to the bike under headset but all I get is "no device found" If I try pairing it under device it will pair, but I still only get calls via the headset. Radio, iPod, iPhone music and navigon is only heard through the speakers.  Am I doing something totally wrong? I'm having the 660 fitted in the next day or so, will this make a difference? Hope someone out there can help me out? if not it's a weekend spent in my garage doing this  :157: :157: :173: :173:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:48:54 PM by Roadrunner »
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Another Scala query ?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »
Hi RR,

Any combination of multiple Bluetooth connections are always a nightmare.. The system is not really designed to go 3 ways! Ooh er miss us!

My setup has a Zumo 660 hard wired to the bike audio system via the 3.5 mm jack. I then have my iPhone connected to the USB port so all sound there is also hard wired for music and phone. I then have an Autocom L1 comms box which has a Kenwood bike to bike radio fitted, also hard wired. The L1 has a Bluetooth module fitted and I connect the headset output of the bike audio via Bluetooth to that.

All comms work perfectly in all directions but I think this is mainly down to the fact that there is only one Bluetooth pairing, bike to Autocom.

Once you have your 660 hard wired in I would suggest plugging the iPhone into the USB port and then just pair bike BT to your scala.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
I think you will find that none of the Rider series will work with the Trophy.  I had exactly the same experience you have.  I bought the G9 and it works beautifully alone but so far have had no luck trying to pair it with the Trophy and Iphone at the same time. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Groundbreaker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leigh-on-Sea
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Roadrunner [+]
Hello all,

:431:

I know another Scala problem  :087:  I have the Scala rider team set pro and the only thing I can get it to work with is my iPhone (calls only) and talking to my pillion. When it comes to gadgets I wouldn't know where to start. I have tried pairing it to the bike under headset but all I get is "no device found" If I try pairing it under device it will pair, but I still only get calls via the headset. Radio, iPod, iPhone music and navigon is only heard through the speakers.  Am I doing something total wrong? I'm having the 660 fitted in the next day or so, will this make a difference? Hope someone out there can help me out? if not it's a weekend spent in my garage doing this  :157: :157: :173: :173:

I had the teamset pro, unfortunately & costly it will not pair with the Trophy as it needs A2DP bluetooth I have bought a G9 too and it pairs easily with the TT and the nav but am having phone problems too :233:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »
No pressure Groundbreaker but we are counting on you to sort things out this weekend as you posted in a different thread!!!!!!!!!!! :156: No pressure
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Hervé

• Trophy Member
  • First French?
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Vaux sur seine
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
I had the scala rider and have had to change it to the sena smh10. This one works perfectly with the bike.
My wife has also the sena smh10 and has an Iphone 4S that works fine with the sena without passing through the bike.
Mind is like a parachute, it's efficient only when open

Offline Groundbreaker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leigh-on-Sea
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
No pressure Groundbreaker but we are counting on you to sort things out this weekend as you posted in a different thread!!!!!!!!!!! :156: No pressure

Thanks Pal, think ill just go out riding for the weekend!!!!

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »
Thanks guys for all the help and tips. Looks like my Scala rider team set pro will be going on evil bay  :138:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ