Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Has anyone ACTUALLY instaled Tomtom Rider?  (Read 5440 times)

Offline alapues

• Trophy Member
  • Si hay que ir, se va!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Launch ed.
  • City / Town: Zaragoza
Has anyone ACTUALLY instaled Tomtom Rider?
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:18:55 pm »
I've read different topics about navigators but I haven't been able to find if anyone has installed Tomtom Rider no the new Trophy  :187:

The first thing I'm not sure about is if it fíts, and what happens when you turn of the contact and the screen goes down? Is there enough space or you have to retire the navegator before switching off the engine :084:

The second thing is if matches with the Trophy vía Bluetooth, and you can hear the indications through the loudspeakers

Can anyone help? :821:

V'sssssss

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Has anyone ACTUALLY instaled Tomtom Rider?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:50:54 pm »
I've the newest TomTom Rider installed, it fits perfectly well, it's true however that removing the GPS before the screen goes down makes it easier, however you can still manage to do it once the ignition is cut off, only it's a little bit harder.
Cannot answer the second part of your question since I've definitely turn the sound off: cannot stand hearing instructions at each corner, much prefer looking at the screen from time to time. And since usually before relying upon the GPS I've looked at the map and tried to memorize key points it works fine.
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Hervé

• Trophy Member
  • First French?
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Vaux sur seine
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53:13 pm »
I did, the Tomtom is on the bike and it fits perfectly using the Triumph support.

I have initially installed it with some inclination. Having it inclined, it was blocked by the screen when this one was done. It’s really useful when you need to leave the bike for short time, for example during gas payment, because in this way the Tomtom was secured.   
But if really useful for that, it isn’t really when riding with the sun in the back: the Tomtom's screen is not enough visible.

So I had to put the tomtom perfectly vertical. Now I have a perfect vision whatever could be the sun arriving from and it’s also possible to take it out when the bike is off.

In case it could help, I can provide some picture this weekend.

I’ve not tried to connect it to the bike by Bluetooth as I do not used vocal guidance but I can also try this this weekend, may be I will enjoy?

Cheers,

Hervé
Mind is like a parachute, it's efficient only when open

Offline alapues

• Trophy Member
  • Si hay que ir, se va!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 11:10:45 pm »
Many thanks to both of you! :821:

Verdun, I understand you use the Tomtom original base? :084:

Hervé, seeing pics will be great, and if you could try the soundtrack sistem, then it will be simply perfect! :062:
V'sssssss

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:39 pm »
When I used a TomTom I actually modified the holder to give me an audio out to a jack.  It worked but was a bit of a bodge and if I say a bit of a bodge then it was a big bodge?

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 06:55:46 pm »
*Originally Posted by alapues [+]
Verdun, I understand you use the Tomtom original base? :084:

fitted on the Triumph support, if you need a picture just let me know I'll take one and post it.
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline alapues

• Trophy Member
  • Si hay que ir, se va!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 10:57:23 pm »
*Originally Posted by Verdun95 [+]
fitted on the Triumph support, if you need a picture just let me know I'll take one and post it.

Yes, Please! :821:
V'sssssss

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 05:19:55 am »
hola Alapues
puedes ponerlo tranquilamente, encaja perfecto con los orificios de anclaje y se ve si lo pones vertical perfectamente , sin que moleste la vision de los relojes, yo llevo la version 1, y constantemente alimentado por la salida de tension dela propia radio, que da tension solo con contacto, lo enlace a un receptor bluetooth chino que tiene salida para jack 3,5, en este jack conecto el cable de audio de a radio, y se oye perfecto por la salida NAV de la radio

hello Alapues
you can put it quietly, fitting with anchor holes and see if you put it perfectly upright, without disturbing the vision of watches, I wear the version 1, and constantly fed by the voltage output dela radio for giving stress only contact, link to Chinese bluetooth receiver has 3.5 jack output, connect this jack audio cable to radio, and you hear the output perfect for radio NAV