Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Hello from Lancashire UK.  (Read 3564 times)

• Offline Cjwdrw

• Trophy Junior  ‐    2
    • Topic Author

Offline Cjwdrw

• Trophy Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Poulton le Fylde
    Hello from Lancashire UK.
    on: Sep 30, 2017, 05.29 pm
    Sep 30, 2017, 05.29 pm
    Bought our Trophy two years ago. Love long'ish travelling with my wife Davia. Last year three week trip to Stockholm, ferry to Riga and back by road to Zeebrugge and the ferry to Hull. We live in Hambleton, Lancashire. This summer a five week tour, ferry to Bilbao, across to Ancona in Italy, ferry to Split, biked through to Romania for a week then back across Europe to Zeebrugge and the ferry to Hull. 5000 miles in total.
    Really enjoyed the whole experience but found it a bit tough with the heat in our fabric bike gear. want to get hot weather clothing for next summer. Can anybody offer hot weather experience or suggestions?
    Cheers, Good health.
    Chris & Davia Walmsley

• Offline Verdun95   fr

• Trophy God  ‐    2837

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
    • City / Town: by CDG Airport
    Re: Hello from Lancashire UK.
    Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2017, 05.36 pm
    Sep 30, 2017, 05.36 pm
    Welcome aboard  :821:
    An old biker must be a good rider

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4913

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2017, 06.01 pm
    Sep 30, 2017, 06.01 pm
     :400: to the forum.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Online Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10000

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2017, 09.38 pm
    Sep 30, 2017, 09.38 pm
    Hi Cjwdrw and :400: to the Club !

In hot weather it's a bit of a trade off between comfort and personal safety.

You will see people riding in shorts, tee shirts and even Sandals !  :125:

Kevlar lined Jeans with Protective knee and hip inserts,
    and a Mesh jacket with elbow shoulder and back protection
    may be worth checking out ?

Last Edit: Mar 26, 2020, 02.59 pm by Coconut

• Offline HACKLE   au

• Trophy Master  ‐    1296

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
    • City / Town: Trafalgar
    Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2017, 01.15 am
    Oct 01, 2017, 01.15 am
     :400: Cjwdrw to the home of Trophy knowledge. As Coconut said, and hydrate, hydrate and more hydration. A very good post on fitting a drink bladder into the Trophy tank bag is in the "How to's" section. All it would need is a longer hose to enable your wife to use it as well. Safe touring, and above all, keep on enjoying your Trophy. Cheers.  :821:
    HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

• Offline Vansflyer

• Trophy Pro  ‐    135

Offline Vansflyer

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE, Thrux R
    • City / Town: In the Middle
    Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2017, 07.42 am
    Oct 01, 2017, 07.42 am
     :400: to the Madhouse :001:
    Well done on the touring, that's some good miles you and the pillion are putting on.
    I use one like this nearly every day, bigger capacity and genuine ex army but you get the idea. Keeps the water cool unless v hot. Fill it up with a 2l bottle that had been left in the fridge overnight. On really hot trips it gets a few ice cubes chucked in. Sip as you wish as you travel.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=camelbak&client=safari&sa=X&hl=en-gb&biw=1024&bih=672&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&tbm=shop&prmd=sivn&srpd=8968838373146925633&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:8968838373146925633&ved=0ahUKEwjt64r_5c7WAhWLLVAKHaKtBugQgjYIqwU

The other good tool for hot days is one of these.
    Semi freeze a .5l bottle of water and leave it in the tank bag / top box. When the temps start coming up take a break and pop the vest on filled up by the water. It makes a huge difference to body temp and lasts for a good 5-6 hours. Got mine from a local dealer btw.
    https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Macna-Dry-Cooling-Vest-Evaporative/SubProducts/Macna-Dry-Cooling-Vest-Evaporative-0004&Currency=GBP&Locale=en_GB&utm_source=Portalexport&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping_GB&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgb3OBRDNARIsAOyZbxDDCgNgsa_oNKpRbgzKwllAeFTuOvJOGN25RzoyN-REVPjIDeI4DbQaAvA0EALw_wcB

Finally for the clothing... tricky one this as we all have different needs.. My daily wear is a Rukka but the vents are not the best.. so when it's really warm I wear a jacket and trouser set I got a few years ago that has a separate liner for the waterproof layer.. that gets left in the topbox or at home. The suit has a multitude of vents (got it for green laneing) and works very well, still has the amour in just no extra padding.
    Oh... and gloves are Knox Handroid... Kangeroo leather.. lovely summer gloves.
    However the summer kit hasn't been worn much this year even in France it rained!
    Enjoy.

• Offline Stelyn   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    931

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
    Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2017, 09.41 am
    Oct 01, 2017, 09.41 am
    Welcome,  :400:....... :821:
    `Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

• Offline GaryWWhite   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    535

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2017 TTSE Black
    • City / Town: Lees Summit Missouri
    Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2017, 08.33 pm
    Oct 01, 2017, 08.33 pm
     :401: :400: to the most excellent Forum on the Web!  The folks here are great!  They are helpful and non pretentious.  I gather from your experience with the TTSE that you will be a great asset to the Forum and to us newbies (that's me)!  Anyways,  I see you really enjoy your bike.  My bike and I are in the courting stage.  I don't know how far I can go with her yet!  :745: Caveat-without getting burnt.

My Best Wishes and Happy Riding!
    Gary

tweedy-bunch