Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Looking for Replacement Levers...  (Read 5876 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Ghostrider25

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    207
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline Ghostrider25

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 207
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Looking for Replacement Levers...
    on: Oct 10, 2017, 01.45 am
    Oct 10, 2017, 01.45 am
    Has anyone replaced their stock levers with aftermarket levers? If so, which ones? I have looked in the Triumph accessories catalog and do not see anything like this for the Trophy SE. The stock levers are not too bad, but my surgically repaired clutch hand has been really messed up for years now and I am looking for a  lever that will come a little closer to the bar. There just isn't enough adjustment in the stock lever.  Any input would be appreciated.   :028:
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

  • Offline Xsv   us

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    477
    • ***
      #1

    Offline Xsv

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 477
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
    • City / Town: Washington State
    • Country: us
    Re: Looking for Replacement Levers...
    Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2017, 05.23 am
    Oct 10, 2017, 05.23 am
    http://www.the2wheels.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=540

    I used these for a while until I learned how to disassemble the stock levels for powder coating. These have six position adjustments versus the stock four.  I don't recall how much closer it brought the lever towards the Grip.   However, I certainly can measure stock versus the aftermarket if you would like.

    When I was shopping for levers  they seemed to range in price from this budget $20-$100.

  • Offline Ghostrider25

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    207
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline Ghostrider25

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 207
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Re: Looking for Replacement Levers...
    Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2017, 03.55 pm
    Oct 10, 2017, 03.55 pm
    *Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
    http://www.the2wheels.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=540

    I used these for a while until I learned how to disassemble the stock levels for powder coating. These have six position adjustments versus the stock four.  I don't recall how much closer it brought the lever towards the Grip.   However, I certainly can measure stock versus the aftermarket if you would like.

    When I was shopping for levers  they seemed to range in price from this budget $20-$100.

    XSV, If it would not be too much trouble I would certainly appreciate it.  I changed out the levers on my GSX1250FA and t really made a big difference. Those were Vortex V3.2 standard length race levers.  Come to think of it, I wonder if Vortex makes a lever for the Trophy!   :125:  I was thinking that the Vortex levers would likely be for race reps only. I wanted to get authentic Triumph levers but short of that either one of these would make a fine replacement. As mentioned, the OEMs are not bad, but if I get into the twisties fatigue can set in after a while.
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

  • Offline Xsv   us

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    477
    • ***
      #3

    Offline Xsv

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 477
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
    • City / Town: Washington State
    • Country: us
    Re: Looking for Replacement Levers...
    Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2017, 03.59 pm
    Oct 10, 2017, 03.59 pm
    No problem, I should be able to do that this evening after work

  • Offline trophied   us

    • Trophy God  ‐    5044
    • *****
      #4

    Offline trophied

    • Trophy God
    • *****
    • Posts: 5044
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    • Country: us
    Re: Looking for Replacement Levers...
    Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2017, 10.54 pm
    Oct 10, 2017, 10.54 pm
    Their prices are very reasonable.  Thanks for the source, I've often considered shorter or adjustable length levers, but wasn't sure how the shorter ones would feel.  Braking on the Trophy only requires 2 fingers at most, so short levers should work fine, and I like the extra adjustability of these.  I noticed they also have 1/4 turn fuel caps listed for some Triumph models and wondered if the long distance riders might be interested if the same bolt pattern is used for the Trophy fuel filler as say the Daytona's and Triples.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

  • Offline Xsv   us

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    477
    • ***
      #5

    Offline Xsv

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 477
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
    • City / Town: Washington State
    • Country: us
    Re: Looking for Replacement Levers...
    Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2017, 01.35 am
    Oct 11, 2017, 01.35 am
    *Originally Posted by Ghostrider25 [+]
    XSV, If it would not be too much trouble I would certainly appreciate it.  I changed out the levers on my GSX1250FA and t really made a big difference. Those were Vortex V3.2 standard length race levers.  Come to think of it, I wonder if Vortex makes a lever for the Trophy!   :125:  I was thinking that the Vortex levers would likely be for race reps only. I wanted to get authentic Triumph levers but short of that either one of these would make a fine replacement. As mentioned, the OEMs are not bad, but if I get into the twisties fatigue can set in after a while.

    These particular levers pull it 1/4 of an inch closer to the Grip, measured at the bend in the lever.


  • Offline Xsv   us

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    477
    • ***
      #6

    Offline Xsv

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 477
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE, 2017 BMW
    • City / Town: Washington State
    • Country: us
    Re: Looking for Replacement Levers...
    Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2017, 02.08 am
    Oct 11, 2017, 02.08 am
    Ghostrider25-these are the standard length.  Black with the black adjusters.

    If you think they might fit your need, shoot me a pm with your mailing address and I will send them down to you.  I am not using them and they won't fit the Yamaha Tenere that I am looking for to compliment the Trophy :062:

  • Offline Ghostrider25

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    207
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #7

    Offline Ghostrider25

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 207
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Re: Looking for Replacement Levers...
    Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2017, 06.07 pm
    Oct 11, 2017, 06.07 pm
    *Originally Posted by Xsv [+]
    Ghostrider25-these are the standard length.  Black with the black adjusters.

    If you think they might fit your need, shoot me a pm with your mailing address and I will send them down to you.  I am not using them and they won't fit the Yamaha Tenere that I am looking for to compliment the Trophy :062:

    Very cool!    :152:    PM sent...
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

     



    tweedy-bunch