Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Don't Get Me Wrong!!  (Read 3394 times)

• Offline GaryWWhite   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    535
    • Topic Author

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 TTSE Black
    • City / Town: Lees Summit Missouri
    Don't Get Me Wrong!!
    on: Oct 17, 2017, 03.48 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 03.48 pm
    I really like my Trophy and my only discontent was that it is being discontinued.  Before I bought the bike I had mentioned that I was also looking at the Rocket III Roadster but was told by a member of the Forum that this was discontinued before the Trophy.  I see they are now advertising on Triumph's web site a 2018 Rocket III Roadster.  I would really like the members to be accurate as I just about totally believe what I read on this site.

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
    • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
    Re: Don't Get Me Wrong!!
    Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2017, 04.18 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 04.18 pm
    Looks like for cruisers the Thunderbird and the Rocket III are definitely in the lineup for 2018. Personally, if I ever have questions about a manufacturer's availability on a bike etc. I go right to my dealer and ask them. If they don't know they can research it and get back to me.  Takes 99% of the guesswork out of it! As good as some of us are around here, we are not privy to factory information. 
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

• Offline RocketSteve   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    597

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
    • City / Town: Bideford
    Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2017, 04.52 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 04.52 pm
    The R3 appears to have failed a European emission test and a few R3 members have informed me that a new R3 concept bike is in the wings - now bumped up to 2.5 Lt.
    To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

• Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro  ‐    247

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
    Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2017, 05.08 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 05.08 pm
    *Originally Posted by RocketSteve [+]
    The R3 appears to have failed a European emission test and a few R3 members have informed me that a new R3 concept bike is in the wings - now bumped up to 2.5 Lt.

Can't help but feel the R3 is a spiritual descendant of the Indian Four (formerly Ace)!  How time flies.....

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2017, 05.20 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 05.20 pm
    Yay Euro 4, killing bikes left and right. Euro 5 will probably kill another large group. This same rumor mill also states that the 1215cc triple failed the tests as well. Again, this is rumor. I am trying to confirm it. That could be why we aren't seeing MY18 Tigers/Explorers. And if that is the case... bye bye Tiger? So stupid. They can kill an entire industry  but they don't have the guts to go after the real polluters, which is the airline and maritime industries.  Nah, They can destroy the air and the oceans all they want and in 5 years we will have to slog around on crappy electrics because there won't be any ICE bikes left that will be worth riding.   :023:

I know this could be construed as a bit extreme, but that is sure what it feels like. 
    "The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

• Offline GaryWWhite   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    535
    • Topic Author

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2017 TTSE Black
    • City / Town: Lees Summit Missouri
    Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2017, 05.31 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 05.31 pm
    Thanks guys for the great information!  I don't understand the emissions failure tests and why Triumph can't meet those if that is the situation? 

Gary

• Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
    Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2017, 06.27 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 06.27 pm
    You know all this talk got me thinking about something so I went to the Official Triumph web site and tried to look at the Trophy product page - and it doesn't work any longer! Apparently Triumph has decided to rub a little salt into our wounds by closing off the Trophy product pages! Can anyone else access them or is it just me? 

• Offline Wilko   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    622

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
    • City / Town: Rowley Regis
    Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2017, 06.42 pm
    Oct 17, 2017, 06.42 pm
    *Originally Posted by Ghostrider25 [+]
    You know all this talk got me thinking about something so I went to the Official Triumph web site and tried to look at the Trophy product page - and it doesn't work any longer! Apparently Triumph has decided to rub a little salt into our wounds by closing off the Trophy product pages! Can anyone else access them or is it just me?

I tried to access the page the other night, just having bought my first and last TTSE, I don't plan on changing it anytime soon  :001:, I was looking for the price of the Tank Bag to compare against Ebay, but alas it say's the page had been removed, or words to that, so no, your not on your own there.
    Paul Wilko

tweedy-bunch