Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Wish bone  (Read 8071 times)

Online silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
Re: Wish bone
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2017, 12:36:02 PM »
Will try that when I do the job  :169: Thanks for the tip
It wasn't me !!

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2017, 12:31:45 PM »
I always troll ebay for Trophy parts, and today found a "wishbone"  if anyone needs one, it seems cheaper than the new part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-Triumph-1215-Trophy-Trophy-SE-rear-back-shock-linkage-link/401018667170?hash=item5d5e9340a2:g:WYMAAOSw5ZBWMMl9&vxp=mtr   

Ride safe.

ZShyster

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2017, 02:16:50 PM »
It's cheaper because it is not new, and has beeen taken from a dismantled Trophy  :084:

With no idea what the History of the donor machine is, or why it ended up being dismantled,
I would not personally risk buying such a critical part from any seller
such as this one, who is a Motorcycle "Breaker", and go for a new one, if needed.

If you feel I've helped you, and you would like to show appreciation, donations to
my Granddaughters Fundraising event in support of a Children's Cancer Charity,
would be most welcome ! Click here : Georgia and Jessica's Fundraising Page ! ( Until 31/05/18 )

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
It's cheaper because it is not new, and has beeen taken from a dismantled Trophy  :084:

With no idea what the History of the donor machine is, or why it ended up being dismantled,
I would not personally risk buying such a critical part from any seller
such as this one, who is a Motorcycle "Breaker", and go for a new one, if needed.

However, you folks in the UK seem to have as better supply of new parts than those of us in the USA.  Understandable due to the manufacturer but still, sometimes need to get what and where you can.  FYI, I can only imagine how long it will take for me to receive my GPS power connector I ordered a week ago.  Still no word from the mail order supplier as to shipping.

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
  • Wubalubadubdub!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »
Just curious, regarding the bearings: are they sealed?
2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
2013 Honda CB1100
2008 Honda CBR1000RR (for sale)

Online 1675

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2017, 06:14:57 PM »
There are replaceable oil seals each side of all the needle roller bearings

Offline greenduck1966

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: hornchurch
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2017, 07:46:21 AM »
Ok so i have been reading this post with interest as i am in the process of fitting lust links [bit short in the legs] and thought i would remove the wishbone and regrease the bearins. Now bear in mind that my bike has full sevice history 17000 miles on the clock so was very surprised to find that i had to drift the center pin out and the bearing was bone dry. On removing the roller bearings i found that these are ok but the pin will need replacing. Now i have been in the motortrade all my life and there is only two reasons for this to happen the wrong grease or lack of it was used this is quite unacceptable and i am fairly convinced that the fauly part in this link was caused by the bearing locking up and putting undue stress on the arm under load. i have packed my bearings with bell ray waterproof grease have used this in the past and works very good in these conditions.This is just my two penneys worth?
assumption  is the mother of all f~~~ups

Online earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by greenduck1966 [+]
Ok so i have been reading this post with interest as i am in the process of fitting lust links [bit short in the legs] and thought i would remove the wishbone and regrease the bearins. Now bear in mind that my bike has full sevice history 17000 miles on the clock so was very surprised to find that i had to drift the center pin out and the bearing was bone dry. On removing the roller bearings i found that these are ok but the pin will need replacing. Now i have been in the motortrade all my life and there is only two reasons for this to happen the wrong grease or lack of it was used this is quite unacceptable and i am fairly convinced that the fauly part in this link was caused by the bearing locking up and putting undue stress on the arm under load. i have packed my bearings with bell ray waterproof grease have used this in the past and works very good in these conditions.This is just my two penneys worth?

Did you have the bike on it's side stand whilst using the drift? Did the drift line up through each hole OK and take the weight/keep the frame & suspension aligned together whilst knocking the bolt out?

I've not attempted to do this job yet in fear of that part going horribly wrong,.....I'm thinking that the bike needs supporting upright from underneath.
Stupid Triumph workshop mechanics, if only they had put that bolt in the correct way around, using the center stand is the obvious/correct answer!

tweedy-bunch