Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: scala g4 pairs as mobile phone...how to change prioirities?  (Read 2832 times)

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
help please!
I have scala rider g4 paired set (rider & pillion). I have had no problem pairing with the bike (other than the audio dropout commented on in numerous posts). My set pairs with the scala rider telling me mobile phone connected which sets is as a priority for the set above the intercom meaning i cannot use pillion comms. Now this may sound strange but if my passenger wants to speak to me i want that to take priority and take out the music etc.

To complete the picture I also have a zumo which is connected to the bike (and i connected the audio jack in myself when the dealer left it disconnected).

so question is how do you change the priority or make sure the bike connects as bottom priority to enable the intercom?

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: scala g4 pairs as mobile phone...how to change prioirities?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »
I've been told one can do so but I've never figured out how on my G9
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »
The only suggestion I would make would be to unpaired all devices and then repair in a different order. Connect to the G4 first and then to the bike.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »
still not working for me (tried several orders) here is the scala reply ( mixed in with my query

“i have recently purchased a triumph trophy se. when i pair my scala it pairs as a mobile phone, this means the intercom will not interrupt it.” – this statement is not exactly true.
When a mobile phone is paired to the scala rider G4, the headset will announce ‘Mobile Phone Connected’. This allows the phone to be connected with the scala rider G4 for phone call audio (mono signal) and for Stereo Bluetooth music.
Stereo Bluetooth music has a lower priority than the intercom – therefore, if you were able to pair your scala rider G4 with the Triumph audio system and the headset announces ‘Mobile Phone Connected’, it does not mean that it will be prioritized as phone call audio, but will likely fall into the Stereo Bluetooth audio category, which is lower priority than intercom (assuming the Triumph audio system is a Stereo Bluetooth system). We have not tested the Triumph audio system with the scala rider headsets, so I cannot say if it will work properly or how it will respond.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »
"We have not tested the Triumph audio system with the scala rider headsets, so I cannot say if it will work properly or how it will respond."

Yeah that is the answer I've gotten each time I've turned to Scala for help.  Looks like Scala is ignoring Triumph.  In fact I think the only bike Scala has successfully paired is the BMW because every time I've contacted Scala, whether by phone or by email, the only bike they ever cite is BMW.  Yada, yada, yada,  we know it works with BMW, we've never tested a Triumph, yada, yada, yada.  One would think that Scala would go out and test a Triumph.  I mean Triumph sells more than 50,000 units a year (OK not all Trophies) and is one of the fastest growing marques.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »
Reported here to try and help

I will detail my audio configuration in the hope that it may help others with regard to theirs.

Firstly, I have a Garmin 660 for Nav which is hard wired to the bike audio input jack.

Secondly, for music I have an iPhone 5 connected to the USB port.

Thirdly, I have paired my iPhone 5 to the device 2 Bluetooth port on the Trophy. This gives me hands free telecoms over the bike system and I can accept or reject calls using the info button.

Finally, the headset Bluetooth port on the Trophy is then paired to the Bluetooth module on my Autocom L1 system. Via this I receive nav instructions, telephony, radio or iPod audio.

The Autocom provides rider to pillion intercom via cable to helmet earpieces and mikes. Also I have Kenwood bike to bike PMR's connected to the Autocom and have a press to talk button setup for this on my handlebar.

While not the same set up as other people the basic config should help. I think the important thing is to pair your phone to the bike on Device 2 and then pair the bike to your Bluetooth headset.

I went through several configs before arriving at this trying to get hands free to work etc but without success. Since arriving at this config all of the system is working as advertised with no dropouts to report.

I have not tried to see if I can activate Siri in any way for voice activation and dialling but I never dial out on the move anyway and only answer if it looks important.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch