Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Motorcycle Live! at the NEC 18-26 Nov 2017  (Read 2286 times)

Online GavJ

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1215
  • City / Town: Strathaven
Re: Motorcycle Live! at the NEC 18-26 Nov 2017
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »
I was there last weekend as well, disappointing in the fact that I want to update my 2013 Trophy and didn't see anything for this,
BMW _ too ugly and too expensive
Honda _ too bland and gold wing panniers too small

Triumph _ just don't like the explorer, haven't joined the " I want to be like Charlie" brigade. Liked the dash, and the switch gear, just need to be on something more like .... what I have! Love the look of the classics, but not what I want to sit on for hours.

Also didn't see any thing New or innovative surely there is something new to show us? The next wonder tyre, snake oil that cures all mechanical faults , clothing that weighs nothing but will protect you from a direct hit from the Xmas coca cola lorry.....

Merry Xmas all
Yours
Mr Grumpy  :008:

Online earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 09:32:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by GavJ [+]
I was there last weekend as well, disappointing in the fact that I want to update my 2013 Trophy and didn't see anything for this,
BMW _ too ugly and too expensive
Honda _ too bland and gold wing panniers too small

Triumph _ just don't like the explorer, haven't joined the " I want to be like Charlie" brigade. Liked the dash, and the switch gear, just need to be on something more like .... what I have! Love the look of the classics, but not what I want to sit on for hours.

Also didn't see any thing New or innovative surely there is something new to show us? The next wonder tyre, snake oil that cures all mechanical faults , clothing that weighs nothing but will protect you from a direct hit from the Xmas coca cola lorry.....

Merry Xmas all
Yours
Mr Grumpy  :008:

I hear you, I've felt that for a few years now, there just isn't a market for the kind of bike I want I guess.

Even Honda axed their shaft drive, luggage carrying, radio equipped even, middle weight touring bike,...that didn't really have any competition either.

Yes the Trophy is so much better in every way but I wouldn't have minded if it had came with a bit less weight and CC's,....I can certainly live  with that though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:40:34 AM by earthman »

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 09:27:19 PM »
So what was wrong with the brough superior ....................... Oh I know £57k  :156:
It wasn't me !!

tweedy-bunch