Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tour Around Europe  (Read 4006 times)

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
Tour Around Europe
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:30:54 am »
Just done @3500 miles around Europe. My standard bike has performed flawlessly.
High speed curves in Spain, no problem. Low speed haipins in the Alps, no problem.
Hot temperature running in Monaco, no problem. Torrential rain in the Pyrannees, no problem, apart from the fact that the rain goes under the screen and causes a vortex which drips all over the clocks (standard screen)!!! (Any ideas how to stop this would be appreciated as it is the only irritation on the bike! ).
Bike left outside in heavy rain, no problem.
High speed cruising on the Autobahn, no problem. Cruise control only works up to 100mph though!
Lap of Nurburgring, No problem. Stable and secure handling and rock steady at maximum speed! (142mph indicated)
I have obviously been lucky that my bike has performed without fault. Even the screen does what it is supposed to do! Very comfy as well. 400 miles in a day, no problem! Average mpg for trip 49.3!! 
The only issue was a stone hitting the edge of the radiator causing some minor damage to the fins. I can hardly blame the bike for that though!! R&G guard on order!!!
All in all, a great bike with superb handling, performance and comfort. Well impressed  :046: :046: :046:

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Re: Tour Around Europe
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:29:30 pm »
I am not surprised it is a great bike.

Havent had the problem with the windscreen though. After being caught in a downpour. Seems to collect at the top then fly off. But still kept dry and warm.

Sounds like an excellent trip. :047:

:821:  celebration drink
seadog  :002:
seadog

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 04:46:02 pm »
*Originally Posted by RAS [+]
Just done @3500 miles around Europe. My standard bike has performed flawlessly.
High speed curves in Spain, no problem. Low speed haipins in the Alps, no problem.
Hot temperature running in Monaco, no problem. Torrential rain in the Pyrannees, no problem, apart from the fact that the rain goes under the screen and causes a vortex which drips all over the clocks (standard screen)!!! (Any ideas how to stop this would be appreciated as it is the only irritation on the bike! ).
Bike left outside in heavy rain, no problem.
High speed cruising on the Autobahn, no problem. Cruise control only works up to 100mph though!
Lap of Nurburgring, No problem. Stable and secure handling and rock steady at maximum speed! (142mph indicated)
I have obviously been lucky that my bike has performed without fault. Even the screen does what it is supposed to do! Very comfy as well. 400 miles in a day, no problem! Average mpg for trip 49.3!! 
The only issue was a stone hitting the edge of the radiator causing some minor damage to the fins. I can hardly blame the bike for that though!! R&G guard on order!!!
All in all, a great bike with superb handling, performance and comfort. Well impressed  :046: :046: :046:

Nice one Ras good to hear you had a great time.

Take care and ride safe dude  :821: :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 07:57:44 pm »
Looking forward to my tour around Europe in the very near future. Will be hitting France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Italy, and Switzerland. About 3,000 miles in total.

Apart from fluorescent jackets & breathalysers in France are there any other national road traffic oddities that people are aware of that I should cater for? I seem to recall someone mentioning the need for some special paperwork for Austria for instance.

:183: :148: :183:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:45 pm »
Found a good site " Drive -Alive" you can find out information for all countries.

I remember when I drove to Italy via Switzerland you have to buy a Road Tax or "Vignette" think it lasts 30 days.

But the site will tell you.

seadog
seadog

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 10:11:58 pm »
Thanks seadog! Vignette, that was the word I was trying to remember!
 :008:

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 12:15:44 pm »
Crobiker, You do not need to wear hi viz in France. This was dropped by the French Government. You should carry breathalysers but there is no fine if you do not have one!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 12:38:37 pm »
I had heard the Hi Viz had been repealed.

Although when touring I tend to wear Hi Viz anyway.

tweedy-bunch