Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Which blue tooth to buy  (Read 5130 times)

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
Which blue tooth to buy
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:58:12 pm »
Hey ALL

My dealer after speaking to triumph who have suggested the scala G9 as the best one to buy,so which one

Thank you
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline Groundbreaker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leigh-on-Sea
Re: Which blue tooth to buy
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophy4me [+]
Hey ALL

My dealer after speaking to triumph who have suggested the scala G9 as the best one to buy,so which one

Thank you

I would think carefully with the G9 I am still having troubles with the Voice command

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:42:45 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophy4me [+]
Hey ALL

Thank you

Can't get my Scala to pair at all with the bike   :087: :087: :087:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:02:51 pm »
there are several threads on this forum (two of them are mine) which focus on Scala problems.  just look down the page and you will see several.  I have spent hours and hours trying to get mine to pair properly.  I've called Scala and after an hour they were unable to solve the problem. Just blamed Triumph. 

After hours of experimentation I was finally able to get voice command to work BUT doing so causes the headset to lose the connection with the bike.  Each time after doing so I have to shut off the Scala, while the Triumph is running, then reboot the Scala so that it re-establishes a link with the bike.

A lot of people recommend Sena.  I can't recommend Scala.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:07:43 pm »
I think, as you can see, a resounding thumbs down for the Scala product!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:54 am »
In the earlier days of this forum, I studied the headset debate quite closely. I had an incompatable Scala Q2 (mono). Concensus went towards the Sena SMH10 for headset and the Garmin Zumo 660 for GPS. No complaints from anyone with these, apart from struggling with the variables in linking arrangements between music (from the bike or phone, to the headset direct or thru the bike), phone (thru bike or direct), GPS, TTSE, and headsets 1 and 2, and bike to bike.

Like Chaos, this is how you end up  :087: :087:
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 07:03:38 am »
Update on my smh10. I have found that I can link my headset to the Garmin (660) and bridge that to my phone (I have tried receiving a call from the phone). The iTouch 4th gen still cannot connect to the headset. I initially could connect to the HTC directly and receive music. It struggles to do so now. I don't think it is the set, just the complexity of Bluetooth. Set to set is cracking though. 
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 07:53:40 am »
I will detail my audio configuration in the hope that it may help others with regard to theirs.

Firstly, I have a Garmin 660 for Nav which is hard wired to the bike audio input jack.

Secondly, for music I have an iPhone 5 connected to the USB port.

Thirdly, I have paired my iPhone 5 to the device 2 Bluetooth port on the Trophy. This gives me hands free telecoms over the bike system and I can accept or reject calls using the info button.

Finally, the headset Bluetooth port on the Trophy is then paired to the Bluetooth module on my Autocom L1 system. Via this I receive nav instructions, telephony, radio or iPod audio.

The Autocom provides rider to pillion intercom via cable to helmet earpieces and mikes. Also I have Kenwood bike to bike PMR's connected to the Autocom and have a press to talk button setup for this on my handlebar.

While not the same set up as other people the basic config should help. I think the important thing is to pair your phone to the bike on Device 2 and then pair the bike to your Bluetooth headset.

I went through several configs before arriving at this trying to get hands free to work etc but without success. Since arriving at this config all of the system is working as advertised with no dropouts to report.

I have not tried to see if I can activate Siri in any way for voice activation and dialling but I never dial out on the move anyway and only answer if it looks important.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch