Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Amber LED Front Position Light  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Philpat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Holyhead
Re: Amber LED Front Position Light
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 08:56:55 PM »
Fitted Xenon White version of these Led lights, bought from Amazon, type in search 921 912 T10 T15 and choice will come up. I ordered 4 pack so have 2 spare i :001:f anyone will like to purchase. The photos show the two lamps( bulbs grow in the ground says my electrical mate) and the bike before and after. A bit difference especially daytime with headlights off.

Philpat

Offline Helixx

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Africa Twin
  • City / Town: Frederick
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 05:43:59 AM »
"Fitted Xenon White version of these Led lights, bought from Amazon, type in search 921 912 T10 T15 and choice will come up. I ordered 4 pack so have 2 spare i :001:f anyone will like to purchase. The photos show the two lamps( bulbs grow in the ground says my electrical mate) and the bike before and after. A bit difference especially daytime with headlights off."

I like that. No heat issues to worry about?

Offline Philpat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Holyhead
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 07:22:25 AM »
LED's do not emit much heat, only an increase in wattage of an incandescent lamp would be a problem.
Philpat

Online tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 12:30:10 PM »
Given the letter of the law below, in Virginia if add two aux lights to the front, you would be required to change the little pilot light bulb to amber.  In practice, a motorcycle may not have more than 4 white lights facing the front of the vehicle.  With aux lights, the pilot light is the fifth.

§ 46.2-1012. Headlights, auxiliary headlights, tail lights, brake lights, and illumination of license plates on motorcycles or autocycles.
Every motorcycle or autocycle shall be equipped with at least one headlight which shall be of a type that has been approved by the Superintendent and shall be capable of projecting sufficient light to the front of such motorcycle or autocycle to render discernible a person or object at a distance of 200 feet. However, the lights shall not project a glaring or dazzling light to persons approaching such motorcycles or autocycles. In addition, each motorcycle or autocycle may be equipped with not more than two auxiliary headlights of a type approved by the Superintendent.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

Offline Volfy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Gulf Coast
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 10:34:04 PM »
Don't think the position light counts as "headlight" as it does not even come close to projecting a beam pattern, even when replaced with a really bright LED.  It's the same way as the amber turn signal pods that stay lit on some bikes.

Besides, lots of vehicles these days come with DRL lights that are typically a strip of LEDs.  Those almost always stay lit even if headlights and fog lights are all ON.
Converto, ergo sum.       '15 300RR, '15 250XCF-W, '14 K1600GT, '12 VFR1200, '05 GSXR600 (track).