Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Who has over 50,000 miles?  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Blue42

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Maryland, southern
Re: Who has over 50,000 miles?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
It looks like 40,000 is pretty much the highest right now; which is about right on a bike only 5-6 years old. 
1675, you really get out there to get up to 65k already. 

I know that you can pretty much count on durability from cars today.  Even the traditionally sorry manufacturers make pretty good cars that will last 200,000 miles.  But with motorcycles I'm not so sure.  There aren't nearly as many made and we have almost no data with which to come up with probabilities/dependability conclusions.  Just a personal impression here and there.  Consumer reports did the motorcycles study, which is better than about any other source.  But there's only data on manufacturers rather than models.  ...Which is the reason for posting this.  We could get a pretty good sample size if we got a couple hundred people on here to respond. 
I'm going to search again to see if someone already did a survey. 

Offline Blue42

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Maryland, southern
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 03:55:45 PM »
The next closest thing I can find on here to a good survey is this:

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,5460.0.html

I did find one other through searching on "survey" but there were only a handful of replies there also, and it was from 2014. 

Online 1675

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
I spoke to a guy a few years ago who had a 2007 Guzzi California which he bought new after a job change meant  he had to have a vehicle. As he had bikes in his youth, he decided to get another and bought the Guzzi new. After the first 500 mile service, the dealer never saw him again as he did all the maintenance himself. Fast forward 5 years when a minor recall was issued and he went to the dealer with 144,000 on the bike. The dealer thought the speedo was playing up! Oil and filters, brakes, tyres and a set of rear shocks were all he did. Good effort

Offline william

• Trophy Pro
  • its not your beliefs that make you a better person
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 03:05:55 AM »
I have around 73K miles. I started a thread about my engine failure. Search major engine failure. Lots to read.

I am very very please with my bike. 2013

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lowell, Or
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 03:28:49 AM »
The truth is you are probably going to get limited response because the model run is still not long enough.  The oldest TTSE is what, a 2013 model?  The fact that so many have more than the average rider on them is a good sign.  And let's face it, even a common problem here is probably not really a large percentage for the most part since the forum is where problems congregate for help, right?

Many, many, many GW riders get 100-200k on theirs trouble free, but you still see small groups of low mileage failures.  At least it's not a Harley - When I read the for sale ads I see so many for sale where the owner averaged under 1000 miles a year, like they were afraid actually using it might break it?

All indicators SEEM to point to a long lasting bike in the TTSE, if maintenance is kept up and the rider pays attention.
Year round rider here!

Offline lemuriano

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Jacksonville, Fl
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 02:10:09 PM »
2014, 3yrs last Nov. - about 68k happy miles - head upgrade.
An apprentice in life, perhaps with the spirit of a Café Racer
IBA #60953

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »
2014 -- 3 years and three months old, and 44.5K miles.  No major issues. Run Mobile 1 in it (seems to shift smoother longer than Castrol) and it's happy.  Tires, brakes, regular service at the intervals.  All is well.  Hoping to keep it over 100k.
Twisted Trophies Charter Member

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 11:26:24 PM »
Almost 40,000 miles and no major issues, very few minor issues.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

tweedy-bunch