Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] MUST SELL MY 2014 TROPHY SE **SOLD**  (Read 9385 times)

• Offline BobMcT

• Trophy Member  ‐    80
    • Topic Author

Offline BobMcT

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Mary Esther, FL
    MUST SELL MY 2014 TROPHY SE **SOLD**
    on: Dec 21, 2017, 10.05 pm
    Dec 21, 2017, 10.05 pm
    I'm 68 and owned bikes all my life.  I have never owned one I loved more than this bike, but due to some physical problems, I'm having to give up riding.

This Trophy SE has 10,200 miles on it and just had it's 10K and 4 year service done.  It also has brand new Pirelli Angel GT tires front and rear with less than 50 miles on them.  It is loaded with every option including front and rear heated seats, heated grips, Sirrus radio, top box, and brand new liner lugguge for panniers and top box.

I also added R&G Adventure bars last year.  There is not one single scratch or mark on the bike and it is Lunar Silver.  I have full complete service records.  I also have original non heated seats in box.  Both sets of seats are the low models.

I'm sick that I just spent $1000. on major 10K/4 yr. service including new tires and have to give it up.  I'm open to reasonable offers and have many other accessories I can throw in.  I don't have pics to post yet, but it looks exactly like a brand new one with R&G bars.

I also have a Toy Carrier single trailer for sale that doesn't have to be sold with the bike but I can't sell before I sell the bike.  It is an incredible trailer also loaded.  It is fully enclosed and only weighs 700 lbs.!  You can pull your bike and trailer with a standard car.  It has diamond plate floor, opt. condor chock, LED lights, spare tire and wheel with mount, deluxe side steps for loading, and more.  Just about any bike in the trailer is under weight limit required for trailer brakes in U.S. states.

Open for input on my best course to take.

Thanks, Bob 
    Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018, 06.48 pm by Ad

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5106

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: Must sell my 2014 Trophy SE
    Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10.36 pm
    Dec 21, 2017, 10.36 pm
    Sorry to hear you're having to give up your Trophy, especially after all you've put into it.  I wish you the best.
     :821:
    Glenn
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline Verdun95   fr

• Trophy God  ‐    2851

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
    • City / Town: by CDG Airport
    Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08.45 am
    Dec 22, 2017, 08.45 am
    Sorry to read you have to give up riding, :003: :003:  wish you the very best.
    An old biker must be a good rider

• Offline 1675   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    970

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophy
    • City / Town: Spennymoor
    Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08.52 am
    Dec 22, 2017, 08.52 am
    Hi Bob,
    Sorry to hear you are having to stop riding. Hope it all works out for you

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5106

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2017, 04.04 pm
    Dec 22, 2017, 04.04 pm
    Maybe we can all spread the word about his bike to anyone we know that is interested in a Trophy all kitted out and help a fellow member move his on.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline BobMcT

• Trophy Member  ‐    80
    • Topic Author

Offline BobMcT

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Mary Esther, FL
    Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2017, 04.21 pm
    Dec 22, 2017, 04.21 pm
    Thanks for the replies.  Giving up riding has got to be one of the hardest things to give up for me.  I'm sure most of you understand that when on the bike riding, I feel the same as when I was in my 20s.  It's like all those years didn't happen.  I have a hard time thinking of anything I do that takes me back like that.

I also really appreciate suggestions or help in figuring out the best way to sell my bike.  I actually sold my previous Triumph America on the America/Speedmaster forum.  I feel the sooner I let it go, the sooner I can get over having to give it up and move on with other enjoyable things in life.

Merry Christmas to all!

• Offline jid

• Trophy Member  ‐    84

Offline jid

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: TrophySE
    • City / Town: Atlanta, GA
    Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2017, 05.09 pm
    Dec 22, 2017, 05.09 pm
    Definitely sorry to hear about the need to sell.

Id definitely suggest posting a price.   Many people are turned off by the idea of having to guess.  Some wont even bother to make an offer at risk of thinking they are offending you.  Plus the market varies so much.   New bikes can be had for 13k.  Used have gone anywhere from 6-12k.   

My brother is in the market for a used Trophy... he was jealous I bought my 2015 with 800 miles on it for 9k.   

Anyway, post a price or PM me a price and Ill let him know.  He is in Wisconsin.

• Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro  ‐    247

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
    Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2017, 08.48 am
    Dec 23, 2017, 08.48 am
    *Originally Posted by BobMcT [+]
    Thanks for the replies.  Giving up riding has got to be one of the hardest things to give up for me. 

Wishing you the best!  I'm seriously struggling with my bikes and I'm a few years younger than you.  I went against everyone's advice and bought the Trophy (and kept the Sprint!).  Fully retired on medical earlier this year; full blown medical issues started a couple of years back.  Didn't ride alot to begin with as my employment carried me all over the Continental U.S. and much of Canada, gone for weeks at the time with no real 'home time' in recent years. 

I recently made up my mind that I don't want to go out as an 'invalid' and have updated my riding gear and rotated my vehicles so they all get regular use.  Like you, I live in the SE US so our riding season is often longer than most although we had our first bout of frozen precipitation last week.  Now, where do I carry my walking cane....

Latest issues?  Securing a set of Tiger Explorer rear view mirrors for the Trophy and get the dealer to exchange the 270mm U-Lock they sold me for the correct 320mm U-Lock.  Trophy just had the initial service performed last week.

tweedy-bunch