Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: MUST SELL MY 2014 TROPHY SE **SOLD**  (Read 3518 times)

Offline jid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TrophySE, T120
  • City / Town: Cave Creek, AZ
Re: Must sell my 2014 Trophy SE
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »
That is a very fair price for a great bike. Sent you a PM. Hopefully we can keep it in the family.   I would expect that anyone looking for a trophy would consider this very seriously.

Offline JerseyRider

• Trophy Pro
  • Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Jersey
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 01:02:24 AM »
I agree.  I just bought a Trophy SE and watched the market for a while.  You can get a new black one shipped to your door for 13k.  $9500 for a clean low mileage 14' is a fair price.
Yes, I am a BIKEAHOLIC and No, I don't need help!

Offline BobMcT

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Mary Esther, FL
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 04:11:22 PM »
When I knew I was going to have to sell I also checked out the market. I realized it would need to be priced accordingly and I would take a beating on it, especially after spending 1K on full service and new tires. I paid about 21K final price with all options and tax and I hate to think about that. That also doesn’t include the R&G bars and inner bags added later.

As an owner I think it really sucks that Triumph dumped all those new bikes in US.  My dealer wasn’t too happy about it either as they had stock at regular dealer cost. They couldn’t even get their cost out of last one sold.

There has been interest in the bike lately and my dealer is willing to sell on consignment.  If I do that they would likely get more on the bike and I would get less. Not giving up on finding a buyer direct yet. I sold my America on the America/Speedmaster forum also at a very fair price.

Admittedly, the sooner I can get this done, the better for me, and sooner I’ll get over it. The trailer I can easily sell.  It doesn’t have to sell with bike, but won’t be sold before the bike.

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
  • Born in the USA but really like the UK
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE Black
  • City / Town: Lees Summit, MO
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 11:30:43 PM »
 :431: old boy that you are having to give up riding.  I'll be 68 in May and luckily (except for some irritating arthritis) am pretty fit to keep on riding for awhile.  Your bike sounds exceptional and I hope you get what you are asking out of it! 

Best of Luck,
Gary
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Offline BobMcT

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 05:21:23 PM »
If any of you on the forum know of someone that might be interested, please let me know.  I have not listed the bike on BikeTrader (or other site) and will likely let my dealer put it on consignment, if not sold by the end of February.  They will definitely price it higher and I would likely get less.  I'm hoping something works out before then - better deal for me and a buyer.

Thanks for all the comments and input.

Offline DrewKD88

• Trophy Junior
  • Let's Ride!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 17 TriumphTrophySE
  • City / Town: Pasadena, Ca
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 09:00:49 PM »
Hi Bob,
Sorry that you have to give up riding. That really sucks but.........are you willing to sell the R&G bars separately? I'm new to this forum. Just picked up a 2017 Trophy on 1/22 and by 2/5 I should have about 1000 miles on it. Good break-in period I suppose. I love this machine but I want to protect it. Just let me know if that's an option.

Thanks!

Offline BobMcT

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 11:45:39 PM »
Drew, I'd gotten a couple of PMs on that very subject.  If you decide to add the R&G bars (which I highly recommend) you'll find it is a considerable amount of installation work.  You have to strip the bike down to engine and frame to install.  It would require the same effort to uninstall in that I would have to tear the bike apart and then put back together. 

Short version:  I don't want to go to the trouble and prefer to sell already installed.

I also love the bike.  Likely the more you ride it, the more you'll appreciate it.  Hard to believe Triumph is no longer going to be selling the bike.

Offline Brit in bc

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: V storm
  • City / Town: Vernon
Re: MUST SELL MY 2014 TROPHY SE
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »
Sorry to hear riding days are coming to an end.  Sounds like you have been meticulous I'm assuming all all recalls get done ? Any of the radio or battery problems that have been reported ? How much are you asking for the bike..thanks

tweedy-bunch