Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tyre valve connectors  (Read 2746 times)

Offline fingers

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 black TTSE
  • City / Town: Limburg
Re: Tyre valve connectors
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 12:54:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by GarminDave [+]
As an aside in the UK 'Slime' is a product that some misguided soles inject into their tyres in the belief that it will fix a puncture as it happens from the inside.

I can add two observations to that

1) My car was sold new without a spare tyre. Instead the manufacturer outfitted it with a small air pump as described in this thread and a bottle of Slime-like liquid to 'inject' into the tyre via the valve nozzle. Nothing else. I have never used the liquid, but not trusting it I added a tubeless tyre repair kit to be able to plug bigger holes and I have used that when I got a nail in the tyre.
2) A recent trend in Mountain Bicycles is tubeless tyres and the standard practice is to fit these with liquid latex (like Slime). I have done this on my MTB and indeed the liquid will quite quickly seal micro leaks which are actually a common form of bicycle tyre punctures. Even so when I ride the MTB I always carry a spare inner tube in case I get a more significant puncture.

Now I do have a related question. Since I bought my TTSE it has had a very slow leak in the rear tyre, meaning that I have to put a few psi in the tyre every couple of weeks. I have thought about putting in some of this liquid latex to fix it but haven't because of the same doubt PJS mentions- that it might affect the TPMS. Has anyone done this with success or does anyone know if the TPMS will be affected?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 01:52:35 PM by fingers »

Offline Trophy Moderator

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 01:04:03 PM »
Topic Subject : Tyre Valve Connectors.

Please start a New Topic to discuss Puncture repairs / Puncture prevention etc.

Thank You.

Trophy Moderator

Offline fingers

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 black TTSE
  • City / Town: Limburg
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 01:49:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trophy Moderator [+]
Topic Subject : Tyre Valve Connectors.

Please start a New Topic to discuss Puncture repairs / Puncture prevention etc.

Thank You.

Trophy Moderator

Done: https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,9871.0.html

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 08:35:01 AM »
For those living here in Australia and looking for a tyre inflator, I bought a Slime "Heavy Duty 2X Pro Power Tire Inflator". The interesting thing is, I could have bought it at Supercheap Auto for AUD200. But I got exactly the same thing at BCF (boating camping fishing) for AUD99.99 .

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »
Mikestrophy. In answer to your question re using the compressor on the Trophy. To this stage I haven't had to use it at all on the Trophy. Only used it on my BMW R1200 GSA, no problems using on that.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2019, 05:53:55 AM »
Hi Hackle. Thanks for that info. The one I bought uses battery terminal connections and it works well.