Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy Servicing  (Read 1256 times)

Offline skiprat

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy A1
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
Re: Trophy Servicing
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 11:46:46 PM »
Had my November 2012 registered Trophy since late 2013 and would like to keep it going for awhile yet, I paid for the 10,000 mile service and since then with the help from this forum using the "How to" instructions from the owner pioneers have done the basic day in out maintenance jobs and last year installed a bike lift platform in the garage and this makes working on the bike a much more relaxed affair. This December and January I tackled the 20,000 mile service done late after new cylinder head upgrade at Triumph.

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE/14 F800GT
  • City / Town: NEPA
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 11:51:08 AM »
Usually do service work myself, however my 2013 bought new in May of 14 went back to the dealer for all  required services (first new bike for me).  Glad I did because, for that reason Triumph honored out of warranty service to my final drive and right hand switch cube at zero cost to me.  Now having about 48000 miles and nearly four years on it most service work will be done by me.   For tires I always go to the dealer as I will for anything major.  If for no other reason than it maintains a good relationship with the dealer.

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lowell, Or
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 06:15:27 PM »
Skiprat- Does that receipt for service include all the labor involved?  Our receipts look a bit different over here, for the most part separating parts/labor.

Logistically, I almost HAVE to learn/do the majority of work myself.  I work full time, the dealer is a tick over 125 miles away in a BIG city I hate driving in.  A dealer trip is a minimum of two drives back and forth since the work can never be depended/guaranteed to be finished the same day as drop off.

But...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:17:58 PM by rpeters549 »
Year round rider here!

Offline skiprat

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy A1
  • City / Town: Middlesbrough
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 10:41:33 PM »
I did all the work myself except for mounting the tyres and made the note of work and costs for my service records. I bought parts at more reasonable prices than Triumph where I could find them of an equal quality.
I installed a bike lift platform in a pit in the garage floor covered when not in use last year and reasoned that dealer labour charges I saved would pay for it. All the work is pretty basic spannering/wrenching and was made much easier with the lift than it would otherwise have been and I enjoyed doing it.
All the bolts that had been previously removed and greased before replacing came off no bother, others were starting to become tight with that white film on the steel bolts when undone from the aluminium and dry as sticks.

tweedy-bunch