Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Gas cap lock.  (Read 1551 times)

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
Re: Gas cap lock.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 10:15:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rick505 [+]
I've been using this in all my locks, vehicles and house doors.  Seems to work fine but not sure about availability outside USA.

Found a similar product at the local Ace Hardware - works very well.

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lowell, Or
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 02:38:52 AM »
There is NO E0 fuel anywhere in my area!  I wish there was.  The only places that carry any clear (E0) fuel only carry it in 91 octane which isn't needed on these bikes, and those fuel stations are very few and far between.  Since the 'change' I have NEVER seen regular grade without ethanol.  Sucks.
Year round rider here!

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 02:53:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by rpeters549 [+]
There is NO E0 fuel anywhere in my area!  I wish there was.  The only places that carry any clear (E0) fuel only carry it in 91 octane which isn't needed on these bikes, and those fuel stations are very few and far between.  Since the 'change' I have NEVER seen regular grade without ethanol.  Sucks.

Did you consult pure-gas.org?  I burn mid grade  89-90 E0 in my bikes; they seem to like 90 E0 over 89 E0!  Could be my imagination.  I burned 93 E0 in my Sprint for many years until my dealer stated that all I needed was the mid grade - seemed like it ran better on the 93 E0 LOL!!!  Only two 93 E0 vendors left in my county and one of those is a marina.  Plenty of 87-89-90 E0 still widely available here.  My pick up burns 87 E0 while both of my cars burn 93 E0.

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lowell, Or
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 04:53:56 AM »
 :Nothing in this area.
Year round rider here!

Online earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 09:03:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by SprintST1050 [+]
Is ethanol blended fuel even available outside of NA?  It's no prize, except for corn farmers and data shows it takes more energy to produce than pure gasoline - thinking everyone knows the rest of the downsides, or should.  No advantages what so ever except to provide income for corn farmers and the backwards 'renewable energy' agenda.  'Pure gasoline' is at a premium and often not easy to find in my area.  87/89/90 E0 can be found area wide but we're down to one 93 E0 retailer locally.

Since I'm now retired, my vehicles probably get fueled once every 2-3 months, maybe less, so it's not an onerous expense.  They run noticeably better and get measurably better fuel mileage.  Read recently where Ducati is blaming ethanol blended fuels on fuel sensor failures.  Read plenty of stories on TriumphRatdotnet where owners reported their fuel filler caps were 'difficult' and/or 'sticking' with some forcing the keys and breaking them off as a result.  They all admitted to using ethanol blended fuels with the predictable speculation.

The time it's sat in your tank maybe the issue, apparently 3 months is the lifespan of ethonal based fuel.

Offline ikkieman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Gouda
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 04:44:31 PM »
 :430:Can't imagine fuel sitting in the tank for so long. You could add a stabiliser like FortÚ.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

tweedy-bunch