Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Updates to the Tiger 1200 that should have made it onto the Trophy  (Read 4076 times)

• Offline AZBob   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    921

Offline AZBob

• Trophy Master
    • Wubalubadubdub!
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
    Re: Updates to the Tiger 1200 that should have made it onto the Trophy
    Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2018, 06.28 pm
    Feb 01, 2018, 06.28 pm
    *Originally Posted by trophied [+]
    Sounds like "Comfort" mode would be about the same then, I find that the Trophy set that way also wallows a little in curves with uneven paving.  I was wondering how the longer travel suspension would soak up irregularities.  The people that I know that ride R1200GS' think they ride really well.  Thanks for all the info.

The suspension on the new Tiger 1200 is nothing like the Trophy's, even the SE's. The Tiger 1200 has a semi-active suspension that modifies the compression damping dynamically based on the road surface, firming up to the maximum set by the rider. The Trophy SE is a static compression setting and the electrics simply change the rebound damping, which just changes how the bike "feels" but doesn't really do much of anything (rebound damping changes how fast the wheel returns to the ground after being compressed; obviously, that doesn't modify much of anything with regard to soaking up bumps -- but it makes for scalloped tires if it's constantly in "comfort" and the rider doesn't weigh very much).

I'm surprised it didn't feel a lot faster... it's almost 200lbs lighter, and the engine is 9hp more powerful. Every review I read mentioned it felt more zippy than the prior Tiger 1200, which was already quite a bit faster than the Trophy.
    2014 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
    2013 Honda CB1100

• Offline karl

• Trophy Pro  ‐    317

Offline karl

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Hampden, MA
    Re: Updates to the Tiger 1200 that should have made it onto the Trophy
    Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05.19 pm
    Feb 14, 2018, 05.19 pm
     :002: More horsepower is good, drive a Miata there are many things that the Tiger has that our don't.  Some I would love to have, like the back lit switch gear.  I still love this bike just the way it is.   :821: Enjoy.
    The Beast

tweedy-bunch