Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2013 TT SE issues and service bulletins  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
2013 TT SE issues and service bulletins
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:51:57 PM »
Hi Alló

I think that Iíve done my homework and found that the 2013 SE has the following issues; fuel tank leak, fork leaks, display problems and failure to illuminate, audio problems and rare engine power-down while riding.  Iím I missing anything?  I noticed that some of the electrical and display issues seem to be related to the addition of accessory horns, GPS lights, etc.  What Iím interested in are the issues that affect the stock motorcycle.

I know that the tank has to be replaced before the dealer can sell the bike.  Do the fork seals or any other issues/service bulletins need to be performed before the bike can be sold?  How many of the bikes have fork seal leaks (all of them)?  Iím not if favor of buying a bike and riding it until the forks leak effecting the brakes and cover the bike with oil.

Is there anything else I should know before I make purchasing decision?

Thanks,

--Papermaker

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: 2013 TT SE issues and service bulletins
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »
I think it might be appropriate at this point to say for all the ones reported with issues here, there are thousands more satisfied owners who have not had any trouble.

'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
I think these things should be held in perspective. Yes, there are a number of bikes that have had issues and there have been a number of recalls for certain bikes. For those guys who have spent thousands on their new rides this is understandably annoying and it is right to make sure that Triumph and their dealers respond to fix them ASAP.

However, the vast majority of new Trophy owners are enjoying a trouble free and brilliant bike!

Those with issues are always going to be more vocal about them but the overall is very positive feedback.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »
As I posted earlier, I have 4000 miles without a problem. I am concerned with how easily the pain scratches.  I'm probably going to put the wrap on mine to protect the paint. Especially where my knees hot the tank area. Other than that, it's a sweet ride
Tom Brennan

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 03:29:32 PM »
Agree about the paint.

Just ordered the paint protection - problem is - doesn't cover the panniers completely.  The bulk of my scratches have occurred on these boxes.   

3M sells a protective film for cars.   http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/Solutions/For_the_Consumer/

I found a local body shop which claims they can install it correctly.   Currently awaiting a new Pannier cover.   OCD about scratches.   Put a couple in the left hand pannier (again)!

:430:

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
If you take a look at my post number 23 in this Thread : Protective Paint Film Options
there are a couple of photographs - one of which shows how much of the panniers ( and other panels ),
get protected by the Company I used in Birmingham - Tony James Designs

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:40:14 PM »
I was going to repaint mine white when they take the Tupperware off to replace the tank. But I am a little reluctant to take the repaint step. If I start having mechanical problems in the near future I will probably got rid of it and it might be preferable to have it stock paint.

However, mine has been running flawlessly so far...smooth as a baby's butt!!!
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

tweedy-bunch