Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Side Bag Guards  (Read 691 times)

Online earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Side Bag Guards
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 08:47:48 AM »
All heavyweight road going touring bikes should be designed with these types of bars from the get go in my opinion, anyone could slip whilst manoeuvring such a heavy bike resulting in a lay down.
Honda designed the Deauville, ST1300 and Wing with built in 'bumpers' which work great, my foot slipped once, lost control of my Wing, the bike just sat there resting on it's bars.
I fear that things would be very different with the Trophy.

Online BubbleheadSpook

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Candler, NC
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 04:22:48 AM »
Wish I had a set today.  Wasn't paying attention and popped the clutch and dropped it on the side right at a stop sign.  Scratched left rear bag cover.

Wonder if that would inhibit the leg room for the passenger though...
Sean...
Former US Submariner (Sub-marine-er - US, Sub-mariner - UK)
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Tiger 800

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 09:43:22 AM »
Colour matched lids for panniers are only about £60 each and four screws to change them make it a very easy swap at a reasonable price should you scratch or bump the lids.

I suppose we could always wrap our bikes in bubble wrap! :087:

I'm of the school that subscribes to the mental effect of too many safety items making us care less.  I think if car drivers drove with pointed spikes coming out of the steering column directed at their hearts they would drive more carefully instead of now having multiple airbags; meaning any crash will result in minimal pain.

Just my $0.02 worth

LOve, light, and kindness,

Dave
2016 TTSE

tweedy-bunch