Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Two weeks - impression  (Read 1070 times)

Offline BubbleheadSpook

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Candler, NC
Two weeks - impression
« on: March 18, 2018, 05:11:44 AM »
I've had the TTSE for two weeks now and have put 1500 miles on it.  The first ~1200 miles were with the original tires that had not been taken care of and were in bad shape.  The last 250 miles have been on a fresh set of Avon Spirit ST tires.

The comfort of the bike on the long highway trips was impressive.  With the new tires it was even more so.  And I finally got to go push it around these mountain roads with the new tires and I'm completely satisfied.  I'm still getting used to the bike and how it handles in all situations (I've had my Tiger 800 so long it's like an extension of my body - I just go and it goes with me) but in the twisties today it was really nice.  And power whenever I needed it.

Still need a higher seat, which probably means a new screen to match the higher seat height.  But trying to get it all set up with the new GPS and a phone mount all hard wired in first.  Then I'll move on to the big dollar items.

My only complaint is the left controls being so close together and my thumb hitting the wrong buttons at the wrong time.  Cannot tell you how many people have gotten bright lights at them when I was trying to check something out with the screen.  Hopefully I will be able to get muscle memory down in my thumb to not have to worry about it.

So now I think I might just have to sell my Tiger 800.  The TTSE does everything my Tiger does except go off road but I've done that exactly 5 times since I bought that bike new in 2013. 

Sean...
Former US Submariner (Sub-marine-er - US, Sub-mariner - UK)
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Tiger 800

Offline DrSteve

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMWGS,Duc, Trophy
  • City / Town: Weaverville
Re: Two weeks - impression
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 09:03:16 PM »
PM sent
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 09:35:22 PM »
I think your screen is adjustable?
Big Country

Offline BubbleheadSpook

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 10:06:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by bigcountry [+]
I think your screen is adjustable?

The screen is adjustable and I have the large screen on the bike.  I'm 6'3" tall and the screen sits just right for me now with the low seat on the bike.  Put a taller seat on and I'll need the taller screen to go with it.
Sean...
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Tiger 800

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 10:15:43 PM »
Dude,
  I'm 6'5" and I have the original/OEM screen.  It goes up pretty high.  Not sure what is going on here.   I have plenty of room.   In fact, when the screen is all the way up it get's harder to ride, IMHO, especially when the wind is blowing.  I was up in Wilkesboro and put the screen down because it was blowing me all over the place.  Are you talking from a temperature perspective? 
Big Country

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 10:17:19 PM »
Michigan State just lost to Syracuse.  I'm a li'l bummed.  Sorry for the curtness....
Big Country

Offline BubbleheadSpook

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 10:23:27 PM »
Can't explain it other than the way I ride and the existing screen are a perfect fit.  But if I get a higher seat I'll want the screen to be able to move up with me.  Putting the high screen all the way up is just enough to get my head behind the screen protected during the bad weather or especially the cold. 

I'll work on the seat first then see about the screen. 
Sean...
2013 Trophy SE
2013 Tiger 800

Offline DrSteve

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMWGS,Duc, Trophy
  • City / Town: Weaverville
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 11:31:43 AM »
Picked up a '15 and am doing a fly and ride this week.  The bike comes with two extra screens - one of which is a tall one.  I'll be in touch when I get back.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

tweedy-bunch