Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Zumo 660 Security  (Read 1573 times)

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
Zumo 660 Security
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:13:57 PM »
How secure is the Garmin sat nav when it is in the Triumph mounting bracket & suplied Garmin mount? Is there any chance that it could fall off the mount whilst driving along a bumpy road!?
I have only come accross Touratech lockable mounts for the 660 but they are very pricey! :114: They claim to enhance the security of the mount and are obviously lockable to prevent theft. Apart from the anti theft aspect, is there a need for the sat nav to be more securely mounted? I don't want to see my new sat nav bouncing down the road in my mirrors :005: :005: :005: :005:

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Zumo 660 Security
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
As long as you make sure it is fitted into the mount correctly then it will be fine, I've done 6500 miles with mine and it hasn't dropped off yet. Just make sure you hear a click as you push it into the mount.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 12:42:31 PM »
If you click the 660 into the standard Garmin cradle and the little black lever on the top right is fully out then there won't be any chance of it coming out of the cradle just because of an uneven road surface.

The Touratech security lock is only needed if you intend to actually leave the bike for any time with the 660 still in the cradle which in my mind is asking for trouble because some little scrote will knacker the entire thing then trying to break it out! that and it is ridiculously expensive as you say!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline RAS

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 01:50:39 PM »
Thanks very much  for your replies. As Cropbiker suggested, I would not be leaving it in the mount for some low life to wreck the whole thing either. I am reassured that it is secure for normal use, which was my main concern. I would certainly remove it when leaving the bike unattended.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 02:28:29 PM »
I agree with all the comments made. I have my 660 in the car and on the bike. The only time it fell off was when I hadn't secured it properly (make sure the tab at the top is flush. Then you know it is locked into place). I make sure it is locked into place each time I use it now.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

tweedy-bunch