Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Off for test ride !  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Off for test ride !
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:26:03 AM »
Just off to collect a Trophy for a test ride, for all you boys who have got theirs its just another day but I can't wait.

Im taking along my 01 1150RT to see how much they will offer in PX, so Ive been cleaning it for minutes so I get the best offer.

Roger

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Off for test ride !
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »
Enjoy Roger.

You have picked great weather for it.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »
Here's to a new Trophy ! :186:

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:10:03 AM »
You should enjoy it alright.  I was just amazed at how it met/exceeded my expectations in all those areas that I was looking for compared to the ST1100.  The ST1100 felt the same way to me 8 years ago as well...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:16:59 PM by saaz »

Offline monkeycabbage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy 900
  • City / Town: Gillingham
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »
Roger, not only do you have the good weather for it, you are also in a good place for it having the Rye bends and coastal roads down near camber!

My girlfriend's parents have a holiday home in Camber and we head that way every couple of weeks, some cracking roads!!

It's a sure mixture for a bit of spending!!
...on an old 900  :164:

Paranoia is a survival mechanism!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
Hope you come away from the test ride as impressed as we all obviously were!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy & Tiger 1
  • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Roger [+]
Just off to collect a Trophy for a test ride, for all you boys who have got theirs its just another day but I can't wait.

Im taking along my 01 1150RT to see how much they will offer in PX, so Ive been cleaning it for minutes so I get the best offer.

Roger

Cleaning it for minutes! Whole minutes! The roads must be a lot cleaner in Kent than they are in Cornwall....

:015:

I'm sure you'll love it but, go on I dare you, try and Explorer while you're there too!  :164:  :001:

John.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 08:31:19 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

What a dull ride and hard work riding when I got back on mine ! it felt prehistoric, the throttle on mine now feels so stiff.

Enjoyed riding the Trophy we done about 130 miles, her indoors thought it was very comfortable although she struggled to get on he bike and also mentioned that her knees where bent too much so made them ache so I would need to make some lowered pegs. With the wife as pillion on the TT was a lot less noticeable than on my RT both in power and the handling too.

I was amazed at how quickly you felt at ease with the TT and its very easy to corner with, I took it home and put it in the garage and turned it around in me drive to see how much more difficult it was than the RT being heavier, and it was not at all difficult, mind you I am 5ft 5" and 10 stone and as strong as a turkey ! I  even braved the centre stand and nearly done a somersault it went up so well.

As you say there are some good bends near Rye but I travel through them in me van most days so I went for a change and rode to Ramsgate for a good run instead.

Explorer ! they don't have a radio !!!

But I did enjoy it so I'm gonna get one ( will be a previously enjoyed one tho )

All  the best

Roger

tweedy-bunch