Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: DASH REFLECTION  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
DASH REFLECTION
« on: July 12, 2013, 06:09:17 pm »
Is it just me or do others find that at times the dash just acts as a mirror. Most of the time in daylight I find it hard to read the centre part of the console clearly.
I'm thinking some kind of a peak modification coming on  :084: :084: Try to kill the direct sunlight onto the screen  :087:
I'll see what I can come up with and if it makes things better I'll post the results and some piccis.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: DASH REFLECTION
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:37:47 pm »
Can't say I notice a problem. But then I always ride with my Garmin 660 in place and that has a hood on it which probably gives some degree of cover to the dash display too!

:002: :002:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline jebess

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Atlanta, GA
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:39:48 pm »
I too have found this to be highly annoying.  I think it has something to do with how tall we are, individually.  My friend rode the bike a few miles the other day, and he said he had no issue with reflection.  I specifically asked him to pay attention to it during his ride.  He is 6' 4" tall and I am only 5' 10".

My solution, is similar to the one I have on my iPhone.  A bit costly, but highly effective, is a screen protector with an HD/Anti-glare property to it.  I purchased one for my iPad, used a sheet of transparency paper (wife is a teacher and has the stuff sitting around) to trace the outline, transferred the image to the screen protector- very carefully I might add, and boom, no more reflection.  The one I used is from www.powersupportusa.com.  Very useful and it also helps level things out when wearing polarized lenses...

I will take pics and post them when I get the bike back from the fuel tank recall work currently being performed......

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 07:42:09 pm »
Cannt say I have noticed any interference from glare. Even last week with all the bright sunshine.

Off note. Cropbiker is your Sat nav on the Triumph mount? does it come with the sun protector hood?

It looks in a natural position  :062:

seadog
seadog

Offline Binnsyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Selby
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »
     I had it on my K1300Gt it was awful. Not on this one though!!!!!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »
Yes, the sat nav is a Garmin 660 on the triumph mount. The hood is an extra that I got from the US

http://www.priushood.com/

Was about $40 with shipping.. Really cuts down on any glare
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 02:48:29 am »
I have had this problem on every bike I ever had. The gas cap 'was' the most reflective on the Cal-sci shield...so this is what I did.

I know guys who have taken their handle bars and have them black powder...

On one of my bikes I just put black electric tape over anything that was reflecting

If you have chrome pieces on on top of the bike it can be really really bad
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 03:26:11 pm »
I see no reflection at anytime after 3,000 miles. I DID notice the screen sometime disappears, but I found out its my face shield. Its a clear shield, so I was very surprised. If I open the shield or wear a different helmet with no shield, just sun glasses, or goggles, it doesn't happen. I think the display is excellent, and the angle of the dash makes it very difficult for their to be any kind of glare. The screen is almost parallel with our faces.  Think about  the math, angle of reflection is equal to angle of refraction. The sun would have to almost come from your eyes to have a reflection back at you. Maybe its you face shield too?