Satellite antennae by Coconut
[Today at 07:04:26 PM]

starting woes by kinghoow
[Today at 04:20:35 PM]

Pit Bull stands fitment? by Rick505
[Today at 03:32:27 PM]

Drive shaft free play by GavJ
[Today at 03:04:28 PM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: ? Floorboard?  (Read 3315 times)

Offline jordbarnet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Marlton
? Floorboard?
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:56:47 PM »
Just a thought after a long (rainy) road trip across New Jersey:  Substituting some form of floor board for the pegs to allow some shifting of the legs.   Anybody do this?  Try this?

As an extreme (which I don't like), you see a lot of Harley riders using highway pegs.

Thoughts?

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: ? Floorboard?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:00:50 AM »
Hi there,

Already some discussion on this in accessories

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,300.msg7998.html#msg7998
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 08:51:39 PM »
Ever try stretching your legs out by putting your feet on the passenger pegs. Works great.
Tom Brennan

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:01:29 AM »
The problem with floorboards on this kind of bike is the ergonomics of the shifting lever.

Note that your knee is in front of the shift lever, thus the position of your feet on a floorboard (assuming there was one made for the TT) would not be anywhere near the comfort of a floorboard, say, on an Electra Glide Harley; where your legs are stretched forward and the gear shift is in front of your knees.

If one could relocate the TT shifting mechanism to a more forward position...then again, if the frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their ass on the ground when they hop, would they?

At present, the best that can be done is the highway pegs on an R&G engine guard which is quite an expensive proposition. By the way, putting your feet outside the fairing on a highway peg during a rainy ride you are sure to get your pants soaked.

Its a no win situation for the avid tourer.

My idea has always been a touring bike where you can stretch your feet INTO a fairing shell combining both, the ergonomics stretched legs of a Harley and the protection of a good fairing...but hey, who is the hell is going to listen to me in order to design a bike.
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime