Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Future Trophy Owner  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
Future Trophy Owner
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:53:34 AM »
Hello All,
I currently have a Rocket III w/ 50k miles and have loved every moment. I have been waiting for the Trophy for a few years just like everyone else. The plan was to keep the Rocket and add he Trophy, but plans change. I never thought I would part with the Rocket but I am ready to move onto a more touring oriented platform. If you have never ridden a Rocket, I suggest you find a dealer and experience it.
I was also looking at the Moto Guzzi Norge GT 8V and the K1600gt. I have not totally crossed off the K1600, but it may just be too far of a reach. I believe the Trophy offers a experience comparable to the K just lacking the sheer grunt. The Norge offered a lot of character and a raw quality that made it a very interesting ride.
I joined this site to do some investigating and because the Trophy is the leading choice. I will be making my decision this week.
Ride safe.
Scott

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Future Trophy Owner
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:05:57 AM »
Welcome to the Forum.  :400:   You should go with the Trophy.  I believe you will regret doing otherwise.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:18:58 AM »
Hi amboguzzi  :400:

The Motoguzzi I didn't bother test riding, just so lacking in features compared to the Trophy it was discounted very early on in the selection process.

I had a 24 hour loaner of a K1600 GTL coming as I did from a K1200s.  The bike was just HUGE, like riding a supertanker and it all seemed to be in width as you would expect with the engine config.

The engine was very smooth, as you would b  :172: y well expect from a 6, but in my opinion whined and lacked character. The Trophy triple growls and has a HUGE character.

The gearbox seemed exceptionally clunky on the K16, totally letting down the smooth engine. This may have been down to being a new box but no such issues with the Trophy. A transmission that has been smooth as silk since day 1.

The Trophy will bring a smile to your face for all the right reasons, go for it!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 07:39:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Amboguzzi [+]
Hello All,
I currently have a Rocket III w/ 50k miles and have loved every moment. I have been waiting for the Trophy for a few years just like everyone else. The plan was to keep the Rocket and add he Trophy, but plans change. I never thought I would part with the Rocket but I am ready to move onto a more touring oriented platform. If you have never ridden a Rocket, I suggest you find a dealer and experience it.
I was also looking at the Moto Guzzi Norge GT 8V and the K1600gt. I have not totally crossed off the K1600, but it may just be too far of a reach. I believe the Trophy offers a experience comparable to the K just lacking the sheer grunt. The Norge offered a lot of character and a raw quality that made it a very interesting ride.
I joined this site to do some investigating and because the Trophy is the leading choice. I will be making my decision this week.
Ride safe.
Scott

Hi Scott

The Trophy is a stunning ride and the engine is second to non.  :401: Dude  :401:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Paulvt1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda VFR 1200
  • City / Town: Wolverhampton
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »
Hi.
Can't speak for the Guzzi. Rare beast over here with sparse dealer network.
Had a 2 hour test ride on the K16. Took it back after an hour. Hated it with a passion. The worst fuelling and transmission of any bike i've ever used. Inexcusable on a second hand MZ - let alone a flagship bike costing £16 Grand.
The Trophy was a gem to ride. Fast, capable, slick and, most importantly, fun.
Test rides of all are recommended and in the end it's your money, so your personal opinion is all that counts.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
Hi Scott,

I'm assuming you've booked a Test Ride on the Trophy ?

Make sure you get to keep it for a good few hours, not just so you can settle into it properly,
and see just how much "grunt" it's got, but because you'll enjoy  the ride so much you won't want to take it back !

Offline crazyman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Crystal Beach, FL
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 09:43:44 AM »
 :400: to the forum Scott.

I had an 08 Rocket III Touring for a couple of years.  I put about 45k miles on her.  I sold that one for a Tiger 800XC, and sold that to get the Trophy. 
I wish the Trophy had been out a few years back.  I could have bought the right bike (for me) back then.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
All god things come to those who wait Crazyman!

:002: :002: :002:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch