Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: True X  (Read 1750 times)

Online Alden

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TT SE ABS
  • City / Town: Claremore, Ok.
Re: True X
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 04:25:59 AM »
I've not had my Trophy very long but I've
already had the air sucked out of  the tires and replaced with nitrogen. All of my vehicles have nitrogen in them.
never have to worry about checking tire pressures on the ones that sit around a lot.

Offline WI13Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukee
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 12:52:16 AM »
Well the trip is done.   :046: Left Milwaukee on August 5th and returned September 1.  Total miles 14601. 38 states, now have been through all 48 of the continental states on the Trophy.  Double butt from St Joseph, MO to Seattle, WA.  First day was from St Joseph, MO to Tremonton, UT, the second day from Tremonton to Blaine, WA to Seattle.  Oil Change at Triumph of Seattle, and tires at Cycle Service Plus in Pearl, MS. Happy with the service at both.  Temps ranged from 106 in the CA, and a low of 38 in the mountains of MT.  Met the founder of the Four Corners Park in Madawaska, ME, worth the ride just to see the park.  Saw Pluto, Mars and Saturn along US 1 in ME.  They are apparently made to scale and at the appropriate distance apart.  Also saw a moose in ME, luckily at a distance.  Saw a meteor going west towards Nashville, TN.  It didn't last long but had a very wide tail.  Jim

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 01:26:02 AM »
WI13Trophy, great ride including the Double Butt. Always good to see wildlife well off to the side of the road. At the moment here in Australia we are experiencing extremely high numbers of kangaroos on all our outback roads. Because of the drought conditions they are even venturing into the town centres where there is more plentiful green grass for grazing. Just means being more vigilant I suppose. Congratulations on visiting all the lower 48 on the Trophy.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »
Hi WI13Trophy,

sounds like you had a great trip.

Have you a track of your ride?  For us in the UK it is hard to visualise your ride as we don't know what True X means and find it hard to visualise the route from the State letters, ME MT etc.

Love, light, and kindness,

Dave
2016 TTSE

Offline 1675

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Spennymoor
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 09:25:40 AM »
Sounds like you had a great experience, lucky you. As garmin dave says, difficult for us in the uk to grasp the state names from the letters, but we know its a big place. I cant ride for more then 20 miles east or 70 miles west without getting my feet wet here! Any problems with the bike? Journeys like this are was what it was built for

Offline WI13Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »
The route as GPS saw it. This was day one. The times are Central Time Zone in the US
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:15:35 PM by WI13Trophy »

Offline WI13Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 02:56:34 AM »

This is day 2.  I think I figured out how to do this, pure dumb luck for day one.
Will see if I can finish the trip tomorrow, only 25 more days to go.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:58:21 AM by WI13Trophy »

Offline WI13Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 01:30:36 AM »

Day 3. Western NY state to Boston, MA.  This completed riding US 20 from the western end to the eastern end.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:32:17 AM by WI13Trophy »