Best windshield to eliminate blowback? by thogland
[Today at 02:51:43 am]

So, what do you do for a living? by Tenequip
[Today at 02:28:09 am]

Any Trophy owners in the Austin area? by trophied
[Today at 02:17:34 am]

Now I’ve Done It by HACKLE
[Today at 12:58:00 am]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Comfort pillion seat  (Read 4623 times)

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
Comfort pillion seat
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:03:11 pm »
Good afternoon folks
The wife and I went for a little trip on the bike today, only about 1.5hrs from home, but still enjoyable none the less.
When we returned home she complained of a sore bum  :164: :164:........I read somewhere I think in this group about someone altering the pillion seat, or is there a gel seat to fit, she won't be a happy bunny riding back home through Europe for five day's, in a couple of months time.

Help please, O and the pillion pegs, can these be altered in any way to be more comfortable for her, she was frightened of kicking me.
Before the TTSE we had a Honda CBF 1000, and found that bike a better pillion position, we went all over France on that bike without a moan from her  :084:...she's only 5ft 4in.
On the whole, she loves the TTSE, but asked if I can "tweek" it a bit.  :027:   

Paul Wilko

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
Re: Comfort pillion seat
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 05:11:07 am »
Wilko, it's interesting what you say about your wife's seat worries. Maybe the addition of an "Airhawk" seat cushion might help. It's also interesting in as much that I was talking about getting the seats on our 2016 Trophy altered by MJM Motorcycle Seats in Goulburn [Mick has done three of my previous bikes] when my wife said "don't get mine altered, I'm very happy with it". My wife is 5' 7" and is very comfortable on the rear. I can usually "push" her to about 2.5 hours on the bike, anything longer and she gets "really cranky". Just saying, look at an Airhawk, possible fix. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 05:43:46 am »
I don't know of anything that can be done to alter the position of the rear Pegs.

You've already seen that Triumph have their Accessories Sale on right now, but
did you notice the Pillion Comfort Seat ( 3D Net ) T2308266 is on offer at Half Price, ( £43.01 ) ?

Why not see if your Dealer has one, or will order one in for the good Lady to try ?  :028:

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:16:30 pm by Coconut »

Offline Wilko

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Pacific Blue
  • City / Town: Rowley Regis
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 10:57:20 pm »
No, I missed that Coconut, or didn’t think it relevant, but since she mentioned it, I’ll look at it, she does “suffer” from fibromyalgia, joints ache after a while, so after about 90 mins, I usually stop for her to walk about, she,s not so bad in the car, like you well know, it,s easier to move about.
She enjoys the bike, I want to help her as much as possible and keep her biking enjoyment as long as possible.
Paul Wilko

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Enid, OK
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 04:10:25 pm »
I bought the comfort seat for my wife and she says it really makes a difference.  I hope it works for you as well.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 08:49:44 am »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]

You've already seen that Triumph have their Accessories Sale on right now, but
did you notice the Pillion Comfort Seat ( 3D Net ) T2308266 is on offer at Half Price, ( £43.01 ) ?

As some will know, I am having my heated rider seat modified with gel inserts. Will be ready in a week.  However, rather than go to the expense of having the pillion seat done as well, I looked on eBay UK for the pillion " Comfort" seat and was surprised, after reading comments of how hard to find they are, that there are brand new ones listed.  I made what I was thought was a cheeky offer of marginally less than the price Coconut mentioned (free P&P as well) and it was accepted.  So the seat is on its way.....I'm happy with that...will be here just after Xmas. I'm not exactly sure what a comfort seat is i.e. whether it has gel or not, but at that price in take a punt. I know it's not heated and I think it has some sort of 3D mesh in it. Oh, the seller still has another two on his listing.  Dave Dearth Motorcycles...Isle of Wight I think.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:52:54 am by Novocastrian »
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 02:07:38 pm »
I bought one last year in the WOT sale. They were £15 at the time. Wife is more than happy with it.

tweedy-bunch