Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: No more tank bags  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: No more tank bags
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2018, 09:20:48 AM »
I called in at my "local" Triumph Dealer last week - and enquired about Tank Bags.

They are still shown on the Triumph Web Site as "POA" ( Price On Application ),
but this is apparantly a computer generated flag for when they run out of stock.

On the Dealers own system they are now shown as "Obsolete" !

Smiles are infectious,and they are FREE,
so if you see someone without one, give them one of yours :-)

Offline ikkieman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Gouda
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2018, 09:53:57 AM »
In The Netherlands, the computer says the same for the tankbags at the dealers. Then again, I'd prefer a sw motech. A small one.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Offline Blacktruck

• Trophy Member
  • Out for a ride
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Texarkana Texas
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2018, 12:43:37 PM »
I found a new tank bag at one of the Dallas Triumph dealers. It was marked at $157.00 and as I was getting some service work done, he sold it to me for $125.00. New bag with the covers and map case inside. It seemed a better price than I had found one for anywhere else so I bought it. After  few weeks of use (I don't leave it on when I commute to work) I like the ability to carry stuff I use often (glasses, water, camera etc.) at hand, the map case is great for someone like me without a GPS. All things considered, I am glad I found it but surprised at how big it really is.

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2018, 03:04:52 PM »
My local dealer is new(ish) so doubt they would have any old stock so I went with a Cortech Super 2.0 12 Liter bag and mounted it backwards.  I believe I already posted this but can't find it now:

Creator is also a member here.

Rick

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 04:21:35 PM »
My tank bag came with the bike from the dealer (with inner top box bag, the top box, and inner pannier bags too) - lucky me, eh!
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Offline studad

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Mountain View
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 08:21:33 PM »
Old thread, I know... I just spoke with a parts guy who told me there’s a dealership in Canada with a tank bag in stock, according to their database. Blackfoot @ 403-243-2636. No affiliation here, just sharing the info.

In other news- I’ve got what may be the last new bag in stock in a us dealership headed my way! Woohoo

tweedy-bunch