Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: New Bike  (Read 2455 times)

• Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member  ‐    77
    • Topic Author

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • City / Town: Lincoln
    New Bike
    on: Jun 15, 2018, 09.11 am
    Jun 15, 2018, 09.11 am
    It is with a heavy heart that I have made the decision to change my beloved Trophy. Unfortunately, through many years of farm work and digging holes for the local water company, my knees are shot and problems are looming. While the bike is as light as a feather once moving, the problems are around lifting off the stand and moving about and one of these days bike and I are both likely to finish up on the floor.
    It's not all bad. I have road tested the new Tiger 800 and decided this will be my new machine. It's lighter and more manoeuvrable in tight spaces. Lovely bike to ride but rather noisier from a wind point of view but then nothing was going to be as quiet as the Trumpet.
    I'm going to miss the Big Bird but at least somebody else gets to have one and appreciate what a marvellous machine they are.
    I'll still poke my nose into the forum to see what is going on in Trophy world
    Cheers, Nick.

• Offline Stelyn   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    931

Offline Stelyn

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Ashford, Kent.
    Re: New Bike
    Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2018, 10.07 am
    Jun 15, 2018, 10.07 am
    Hi Nick, I know that `feeling' , had to trade mine in as well for more or less the same reasons
         did'nt  want to give up riding so opted for a Triumph Tiger XRx .  Getting use to it now, but no
         match  for the Trophy, but at least I can move and handle it without the worry of now dropping it,
         If the Trophy went down,  I  knew I could never lift it up on my own and did'nt fancy being stuck
         out in the middle of nowhere - stranded.....
         Steve..... :018:
    Last Edit: Jun 15, 2018, 10.10 am by Stelyn
    `Only a Motorcyclist  knows why a dog rides with his head out of the car window '

• Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member  ‐    77
    • Topic Author

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2018, 10.30 am
    Jun 15, 2018, 10.30 am
    Hi Steve. The shall I shan't I stage is all done. New bike is ordered and the other half is ok now I've stopped meithering and done it. She was well fed up of me going back and forward and off to the bike shop for another look.  I did think about the 1200 but although easier to stand up was still a big lump to move about so 800 it is. I'll get used to the draughts  :008: :008:
    I suspect more of us will change for similar reasons.
    Cheers,

Nick.

• Offline silverstripes   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    1071

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophy
    • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
    Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2018, 12.07 pm
    Jun 15, 2018, 12.07 pm
    Hi Guys

Much the same thoughts as me. I test rode the 800 and loved it. However I could not part with the Trophy and 6k  :005: so am still with the Trophy for the moment.

Yes the weight will get me at some time and then the garage will have a new Tiger 800 to look after.

If it only had shaft drive  :169:
    It wasn't me !!

• Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member  ‐    77
    • Topic Author

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2018, 09.59 pm
    Jun 15, 2018, 09.59 pm
    Believe me, I've gone through every reason not to change. Even thought about keeping the Trophy as well but that was not an option. No point having it and just looking at it. Somebody will get a damn good bike. It's a Dealer Launch model so has all the toys. Decision has been made, albeit reluctantly. Tiger will be ready for pick up 28th June.

• Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member  ‐    77
    • Topic Author

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2018, 11.13 am
    Jul 02, 2018, 11.13 am
    Having got the new Tiger 800 I can say now that it was the right decision at the right time as far as my knees and wellbeing are concerned. Just got to get the bike and me the right shape for one another. I am going to miss my Triumph armchair.  :159: :152:

• Offline teef.au

• Trophy Pro  ‐    133

Offline teef.au

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Brisbane
    Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2018, 12.42 pm
    Jul 02, 2018, 12.42 pm
    Try a Tiger Sport, they are a brilliant bike! I regret selling mine.
    2013 Trophy SE
    2012 Tiger 1050 SE
    2013 R1200GS
    2006 CBR1100XX

tweedy-bunch