Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Owner  (Read 877 times)

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE/14 F800GT
  • City / Town: NEPA
Re: New Owner
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 04:32:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Delboy [+]

I am picking the bike up from Pidcock Triumph in Nottingham Monday and will be using this for my daily transport, commuting and traveling between offices all over the country with an expected annual mileage circa 30k so let the games begin :821:

Welcome Delboy, my guess is you will be late between office visits due to finding the longest route.

Offline karl

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hampden, MA
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 06:36:39 PM »
 :400: Enjoy your new ride  :821:  I love this bike.
The Beast

Offline Brit Al

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE '14
  • City / Town: Aylesbury
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 09:27:36 PM »
 :401: Delboy
Enjoy the bike and a great forum :821:

Offline thumper

• Trophy Pro
  • Naty von Ozirisz 1997-2011
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: So Cal
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 12:45:19 AM »
 :401:

I had an '06 Pan (ST1300) for about 8 years.      You'll like the more sure-footed handling of the Trophy, and you have better tire options too.   The single-sided swing-arm (along with single muffler!) makes rear tire changes much easier/quicker on the Trophy.    The fuel tank is just a little smaller (6.9 vs 7.7 gallons) but the Trophy gets much better fuel mileage.     There are some National Cycle V-Stream windscreen options on eBay, for great prices!      Unlike the Pan, you can activate the Trophy's hazard lights, and then remove the key and the lights will stay on until the hazard switch is turned off.    You now have heated seat options.     Using K&N oil filters, I can perform an oil & filter change on my Trophy without having to remove ANY(!) bodywork.     Although in a similar location, the Trophy's mirrors are bigger, and of a much better convex design (read:  you can actually see stuff around you!)

Unlike the Pan, the Trophy still looks good with its panniers removed.    :005:    :745:

You'll have zero regrets.    The Trophy is all-around the much better bike.      :028:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:54:55 AM by thumper »
ATGATT--Because if you crash, the world is your belt sander

Offline ikkieman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Gouda
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »
Hi Delboy. I too had a Pan European 1300 a while ago. The Trophy is an allround more modern bike with much better value/$ ratio.
The panniers hold less volume, but I could care less. The bike runs better than a V4, produces less heat, uses less fuel, has a better maintainance interval, a better standard screen, electronically adjustable suspention, has standard radio and in my case heated grips, heated seat, and a perfect seating ergonomics. I would not go back, even if I was offered money.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Offline Delboy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Selby
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »
Just thought I would do a quick update now I have had the bike for a couple of weeks.  I've put a little over 1500 miles on it now and absolutely love it, not so much the tires though.  I suspect they were the originals as the bike had only 5600 miles on it.  I tried the pressures mentioned in this forum but couldn't get on with them so started to adjust and found the 35 front 41 rear gives the best grip and feedback for me with these tires anyway (Pirelli Angel st).   I cant wait to get them off going to change to the Michelin Pilot Road 5's, I wanted these on the Pan but they don't come in an 18" wheel size.

Fuel economy wise running hi 50's low 60's which is awesome compared to the 38's from the Pan and I can cruise or scratch and the MPG seems to stay pretty consistent.  The only thing that seems to really drop it off is filtering but you can't have everything.

One last thing, I had the "all year biker" ACF50 treatment done last weekend to hopefully keep her looking good over the winter, I know still summer but as someone once said "Winter is coming" so I will report on this at some point and let you know how it fairs

Anyway to summarize, no problems and hugely enjoyable

Offline WI13Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Milwaukee
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
 :400: Enjoy the ride.  :821:

Offline Michel1960

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Quebec
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 08:57:22 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum . I too , come from a ST1300 , you will find that the Trophy is a newer-better-more modern form of a ST1300 . So if you liked the ST you will love the Trophy
Honda 350 ( old),Suzuki 400 GS 1975
Yamaha Maxim 750 1983,Yamaha Venture Royale 1984,Honda St1300A 2003
Bmw K1600GTL 2012
Triumph Trophy SE 2014