Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Interesting bluetooth dropout observation...  (Read 8636 times)

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
Re: Interesting bluetooth dropout observation...
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »
I agree. This seems to be a problem almost randomly afflicting Trophys.  csquared, I ride with a Sena SMH10R and suffer drop-outs routinely - but not always. Bothersome to say the least.  If it never worked, I'd probably be less annoyed (not really).

Online Novocastrian

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2019, 05:13:48 PM »
A strange thing, but for 600 miles over the last two days I got a message every few minutes on my Garmin Zumo 595 "The Trophy SE has been disconnected".  But it reconnected almost immediately.  Then today, back to normal over 150 miles..no disconnection.  :084: :084:
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Online pantoscoop

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE15
  • City / Town: Vlaardingen
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2019, 08:52:33 PM »
I wonder if there is a problem in the difference by the protocols used. I recently got a Sena SRL Neotec II. (4.2), the Trophy (2.8?) And the Sena of my partner SMH10R (3.2?).
The Trophy connects well in my SRL. The SMH10R also couples well. But all together the sound of the Trophy will stutter and is almost impossible to understand. Does anyone recognize this problem?

Offline themiddaysun

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SE USA
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2020, 01:02:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
A strange thing, but for 600 miles over the last two days I got a message every few minutes on my Garmin Zumo 595 "The Trophy SE has been disconnected".  But it reconnected almost immediately.  Then today, back to normal over 150 miles..no disconnection.  :084: :084:

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I too have issues with just my Garmin 395.  Every 10 seconds or so, it will disconnect and immediately reconnect.  I have thought about having the Garmin BT to my phone and my phone to the bike and my helmet to the bike. Helmet BT works flawlessly, and phone does too for the most part, once in a while I will have an issue, but never anything consistent.

Maybe I will attempt to 'adjust' the radio under my seat and see if that changes anything.  I am using a Corbin seat which is much denser then stock.

Offline bigbucky

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE
  • City / Town: Tracy, CA
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2020, 03:47:56 AM »
I've struggled with this for a couple of years with my pack talks, consistent dropouts.... solution was to install a motocello to tap into the speaker wires and then use that audio out to a sena sm10 bluetooth transmitter.  I have all this stuffed into the left hand fairing compartment.  Can't switch between speakers and BT on the fly but I always use BT. retains speaker capability with the slider on the Motocello unit.  The Sena unit is powered by the port in the fairing box, just switch it on before when I start the bike.

So Cardo units BT into the Sena, phone connects to the Zumo with the audio out from the zumo into the bike.  Allows for switching of sources and volume controls using the bike controls.  Not elegant but functional and no more dropouts!!  Total cost was about $220, not too bad.

Offline themiddaysun

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: SE USA
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2020, 01:16:26 AM »
Just wanted to add something to this.  I have 3 very different sets of Bluetooth earbuds.  An LG , Harley Branded, and a new Boltune ear buds like the Airpods.  The LG set that I have had for a few years and love, will connect and act like my Garmin 395.  Connect disconnect, then connect again, over and over.  My Harley branded ones will connect and I can walk all over the garage and even outside of the garage and they stay connected.  They just are not as comfortable as the LG brand.  The Boltunes also connect and I can walk all over the garage with no issues.  They dont stay in my ears well, so the Harley ones it is.  MY phone also stays connected.  With this observation, I wonder if there is something to the idea that some Bluetooth devices just dont like the Trophy.  The LG's would state they were out of rage sitting on top of the box under the seat.  You cant get any closer then that!

SO I am happy now, I can use my Harley headset with my half helmet, and the Sena with my full face.  Use my phone as my GPS. :046: :001:

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2020, 01:54:46 PM »
I've had very little problem in the way of the audio "dropping out" on the Trophy but I did try an interesting experiment that may shed some light.  I wanted to get Trophy audio, TomTom directions, and phone all into the helmet separately without connecting any of those three devices to each other.  Don't ask me why, hairbrained idea!  I put one of my older Sena SMH 10's on the right side of the helmet, not connected to the speakers, and my Sena 20S Evo in the normal position connected to the speakers in the helmet (or earbuds).  I then connected the TomTom and phone to the 20S Evo, and connected the SMH10 to the Trophy.  Voila!  The upside was, using the SMH10 to stream audio via intercom to the 20S was a lot "cleaner" sound, with no blips or interruptions of any kind from the Trophy audio.  I've since gone back to a traditional approach, but my theory is that the receiving unit being on the right side of the helmet was resulting in a more secure connection to the Trophy system for some reason.  It was a really funky looking arrangement, and every time the 20S interrupted the intercom due to it's priority I had to initiate the intercom manually to restore the Trophy audio, but it did work even better than I had expected.  BTW it also BURNS through the battery power of the Sena's to have intercom connected more or less constantly.  Not a huge problem though, since those two Sena models can be used while charging with one of those small powerpacks in a jacket pocket, which I have done for long riding days to avoid a dead battery and still be able to contact my wife for her peace of mind.  The location of the receiving unit and its reception reliability is what brings this to little experiment mind now.  So now I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to use extensions for the earbud connections and mic (somehow) and clip the Sena 20S unit to my tank bag and get the same result.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch