Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What makes theTTSE so special?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Alden

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TT SE ABS
  • City / Town: Claremore, Ok.
What makes theTTSE so special?
« on: June 21, 2018, 02:09:37 AM »
I've casually mentioned to a few people the we just bought a TTSE and they seemed impressed. When we went into the dealership I was expecting to ride out on a used Harley or a Honda touring bike. But when we saw  the Trophy we knew we had to have it.

So, I thought I'd ask you guys with experience on several different bikes both old and new models, what is soo different about the TTSE?

Online thumper

• Trophy Pro
  • Naty von Ozirisz 1997-2011
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: So Cal
Re: What makes theTTSE so special?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:10:05 AM »
Having a (very!) understanding wife, for many years I had four modern bikes in the garage---each had its purpose.

I had a GL1800 for 9 years.   The wife stopped riding with me, so I no longer needed a 900lb super-slab touring bike.

When I bought my 2013 Triumph Explorer, and discovered what a fantastic machine it was, my '06 ST1300 went up for sale.   

So for me, the TTSE is basically a "love child" of a Triumph Explorer and a Honda ST1300.    Had Honda continually updated the ST1300 (for those who don't know, it never received ANY updates), it would have many of the features found on the TTSE...and I might still be a loyal Honda owner.   
ATGATT--Because if you crash, the world is your belt sander

Offline SprintST1050

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Charlotte, NC
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:34:59 AM »
Oh gosh, where do I start? I let a 2001 Trophy slip through my fingers - sat on the showroom floor for over three years but I just couldn't swing another payment at the time.  Rode both a 2001 dealer demo and a 2002 Factory demo (when the Triumph truck used to go around to the dealers for 'Open House') AFTER I bought my 2001 ST.  The Trophy was far more comfortable and I liked its 'characteristics' better - the Sprint served me well so no real complaints.  Sold the '01 while I was laid off in 2007. 

Buying the '08 brand new in '09 was a no brainer due to the pricing and promotions at the time - the bike was more comfortable than my '01 with a better seat, seating position and raised handlebars.  When the '13 Trophy was introduced in '12 I fell for it - even at the list price it was 'the bike' IMO.  My dealer sold exactly 3 modern Trophys - the first was pre-sold in 2013.  Mine was his second bike and it sat on the floor for over two years before I bought it.  He ordered one more and kept it for himself.

Love the looks, features, performance, constant compliments...the list goes on.  A bit of exclusivity doesn't hurt either!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:50:47 AM by SprintST1050 »

Offline ikkieman

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Gouda
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »
Honestly? There are multiple factors.
Firstly, there's that lovely triple mill with the 'magical carpet' of torque.
Then there's the comfort, bang for your buck, stereo, electronic suspention, Best ergonomics i've ever felt while driving. And something very funny I love to mention to my friends; I drive a generator for my cell phone while I can listen to music.  :018:

Oh, and don't forget the 20 km/l fuel economics, high maintainance intervals and the availability of a service manual so you can do stuff yourself accompanied by say a dealertool.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Offline smash

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »
For me it is mainly the torque and handling.  Triumph seems to have a knack for producing very nimble bikes that also feel very solid and planted.  It certainly isn't a GSXR, but for a bike that can carry you, a passenger and your luggage across a continent in comfort, it handles way better than anyone has any right to expect.

Online brenchley

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: NE Florida
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 03:25:32 PM »
It wasn't a BMW...

:730:
IBA #69644

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 04:15:56 PM »
For me it's the perfect rally bike (long distance scavenger hunt events).

Superb weather protection
Gas mileage that is somewhat better than the competition.
Runs on regular whereas most of the competition requires mid or premium.
Great ergos.
10k maintenance intervals.
Believe it or not, above average headlights (I have Silver Stars in mine that make it even better).
Unbelievable value for the buck.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 07:53:08 PM »
Every single comment made above applies to the Trophy.  The best handling, best equipped, most comfortable, most economical to maintain bike for the money out there.  Too bad it got the axe.  If the ST1300 was updated and equipped similarly, or the Concours lost about 40 pounds and was equipped better, or the FJR was equipped better, or the R1200RT was a lot less expensive and smoother, then we could have choices.  They aren't so we don't.  :062:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies