Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Deneli Soundbomb Mini or Big one  (Read 4029 times)

• Offline Fisherman397

• Trophy Member  ‐    29
    • Topic Author

Offline Fisherman397

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy 2015
    • City / Town: Salisbury
    Deneli Soundbomb Mini or Big one
    on: Jun 26, 2018, 01.09 pm
    Jun 26, 2018, 01.09 pm
     :159:Has anyone fitted one of these beauties to their TT I have been looking at up grading the pitiful stock horn, just toe enlighten the occupied motorist of UK, busy on phones & facebook. I would be interested to see how you have achieved this in the space.
    Ride to live, live to ride

1979 Bonneville T140E
    2015 Trophy

• Offline Tank

• Trophy Member  ‐    32

Offline Tank

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: Trophy 1200se
    • City / Town: Guernsey
    Re: Deneli Soundbomb Mini or Big one
    Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2018, 06.34 pm
    Jul 02, 2018, 06.34 pm
    I had the split Denali sound bomb two tone fitted to my bike, needed a relay and it was a bit of a pig to fit, (says my mate 😬) remove the original pathetic horn, and jam the new Denali in its place with a home made  bracket, fit the compressor on the other side of the fairing using the plastic piping supplied to join the horn to its air source, again with a home made bracket, replace the fairing bits and bob, stop swearing and threatening retribution against the bikes designer,  who thought it was ok to fit such a sh#te horn to a magnificent beast like the Trophy, then start frightening cars and lorrys with your new BEAST of a klaxon 😈
    Last Edit: Jul 02, 2018, 06.36 pm by Tank

• Offline Bespoke

• Trophy Member  ‐    58

Offline Bespoke

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: '15 TTSE Pac. Blue
    • City / Town: Edmonton
    Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2018, 08.35 pm
    Jul 02, 2018, 08.35 pm
    Good timing for your question as just a few days ago I saw a YouTube video on the fitting of a Denali horn to a Trophy. Enjoy!

• Offline takingiteasy

• Trophy Member  ‐    55

Offline takingiteasy

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Cheltenham
    Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2018, 01.04 pm
    Jul 03, 2018, 01.04 pm
    I fitted the mini version.  You don't need to take off all the plastic but just gain access to the underbelly of the fairing. The mini is a direct replacement to the original (and pathetic) horn but you don't need to do any extra electrical work,relays etc. It is a very snug but does fit. Just one tip, don't make the mistake I made, if you fit one of these, make sure you test it with the engine running otherwise, it doesn't work correctly and you won't make the mistake I made by refitting twice thinking there was a fault somewhere :156: The sound quality is significant better and louder than the original but not nearly as loud as the bigger version.

• Offline Fisherman397

• Trophy Member  ‐    29
    • Topic Author

Offline Fisherman397

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2018, 03.55 pm
    Jul 03, 2018, 03.55 pm
    Thank you for advise I think this is the way I am going as other one is too much of faff.

1979 Bonneville T140E
    2015 Trophy

• Offline Fisherman397

• Trophy Member  ‐    29
    • Topic Author

Offline Fisherman397

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2018, 03.58 pm
    Jul 03, 2018, 03.58 pm
    The spilt sound bomb was not in the picture as I also saw the video & it looked a lot of trouble too so I was thinking of the sound bomb compact but if the mini just fits then the compact will not, so one choice it's the mini for me.

1979 Bonneville T140E
    2015 Trophy

• Offline spl383   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    122

Offline spl383

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy 2013
    • City / Town: Carrollton/TX
    Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2019, 06.47 pm
    Apr 21, 2019, 06.47 pm
    *Originally Posted by takingiteasy [+]
    I fitted the mini version.  You don't need to take off all the plastic but just gain access to the underbelly of the fairing. The mini is a direct replacement to the original (and pathetic) horn but you don't need to do any extra electrical work,relays etc. It is a very snug but does fit. Just one tip, don't make the mistake I made, if you fit one of these, make sure you test it with the engine running otherwise, it doesn't work correctly and you won't make the mistake I made by refitting twice thinking there was a fault somewhere :156: The sound quality is significant better and louder than the original but not nearly as loud as the bigger version.

I did the same thing, tested it without the engine running and took me a while to figure out the problem.  I installed it on the back side of the OEM bracket with a longer bolt and a nut on back side.  Sounds more like  a car horn now.

• Offline Saddle Tramp   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1480

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
    • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE - SOLD
    • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
    Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2019, 02.40 pm
    Apr 22, 2019, 02.40 pm
    I fitted a FIAMM Highway Blaster Low Tone Horn, which has the same dB rating as the Denali Mini, and although I was satisfied with the greatly improved volume and tone vs. the OEM horn at a standstill, I was exceedingly disappointed to discover that the average distracted commuter still cannot hear it. I am convinced that the horn location, both very low and hidden inside the fairing, prevents the sound from being directed towards the ears of said distracted commuter.

I am convinced that an air horn and/ or higher placement is necessary to my long term safety. A definite project if I survive until the 10k Service and fairing removal...

tweedy-bunch